Chapter 1

Evergreen was a happy dragonet.

She had the most free and happy life any dragonet could've probably had. She lived at the far western coast of Pantala's little hidden cave with her Silkwing dad and her Leafwing mother. But today was her most important day of her life! It was her Metamorphisis day! She would have her silk, and could finally fly with her newly-grown wings!

"Morning Evergreen!" Rosemary said cheerfully. She had Honeycake and Olive Tea on the table, and Evergreen gulped them down happily.

"You can spin your cocoon in your cave. Me and your mother will go collect resources," Copper said with a yawn, stumbling from his cave. He shook his wings and he and Rosemary touched wings.

Evergreen shook off her nervousness and stepped into her cave. Her Metamorphisis wasn't until noon, but she could wait. She went over to her cave and sat there, her talons twitching.

Her life had been spectacular. She was a very proud dragonet as a breed of Silkwing and Leafwing. Although she was an illegal breed of the continent, she loved her looks. Her nice leaf-green scales dotted with copper scales here and there. Her scales were the colour of natural green leaves, with copper scales here and there instead of a Leafwing's golden ones. Her brown horns were a Silkwing's, but she didn't have the attennae that the Silkwings have. 

With one glance her parents noted her down as an obvious Silkwing Leafwing Hybrid, which was more dangerous, especially her four wings that were Leafwing-shaped. At first glance at Evergreen with her wings hidden would think she's a Silkwing, but her missing of attennaes tells the story. She was not safe at all.

Suddenly there was a small crash outside. Evergreen skidded out the door, silently, and peaked out of her cave entrance, and she had to fight back a gasp.

Laid in the center of the cave, wings sprawled out, was a Silkwing Dragonet. She had gorgeous light purple wings that fluttered gorgeously. Her scales were shades of light purple and blue and a few golden specks dotted here and there. She was larger than Evergreen, presumably a couple years older.

"Are you okay?!" Evergreen cried. She shook the Silkwing's sides and dragged her to her cave, where she laid her down on Evergreen's own nest. A few moments later, the Silkwing woke up and blinked.

"Who are you?" She whispered, sitting up.

"Evergreen," Evergreen answered, "What's yours?"

"Lavender," The Silkwing replied. She stared into Evergreen's eyes, "We have to run, you and me."

"Why?" Evergreen asked.

"The Hivewing guards are here. Your parents are captured, I saw them. I need to take you to their Hivewing friend, because the guards found them coming out here."

"How will we escape?" Evergreen yelped as there was a crash through the cave. She clutched Lavender's arms tight and Lavender crouched as rocks and dust flew into the cave.

"Give up now, dragonets. We've got you," Queen Wasp hissed through the two guards, their tail raising to sting them as they stepped out of the dust menacingly.

"Not on my watch," Evergreen was shoved aside as Lavender stepped up. She closed her eyes, and then bright silk shot from her wrists onto the guards, and Evergreen heard Wasp shriek with pain through the guard's mouths.

She's flamesilk. Probably escaped from the Flamesilk Cavern like Father, Evergreen thought with a jolt. Lavender grabbed Evergreen's talons and pulled her outside.

"I'll carry you!" Lavender cried. She grabbed Evergreen, put her on her back, and threw herself into the sky. Her scales reflected the sunlight. We can be seen easily, Evergreen thought in panic as Hivewings rose out of the midst, white-eyed and menacing. A Hivewing shot boiling acid towards them, and Evergreen shrieked.

"LAVENDER! BEHIND US!"

Lavender's head spun around and she swung to the right and the acid shot past them. Another Hivewing spun around on Lavender and thrust his stinger on his wrist towards Lavender's neck. Lavender snarled and swung up to smack her tail to his sides strong enough to knock him off the air. 

Another Hivewing launched himself towards Evergreen. Evergreen remembered the combat training she'd had with her mother. She smacked the Hivewing's snout, her claws slicing up his neck and he shrieked and hurtled down to the ground.

"POISON JUNGLE!" Evergreen shouted over the wind. Lavender nodded, her jaw set.

Lavender lurched into the Poison Jungle, and Evergreen felt her heart plunge as she was thrown into fast speeds and she closed her eyes. Branches and thorns raked her snout and scales as they crashed through the trees. Leaves scattered around them as they swerved from tree to tree.

They finally crash-landed onto a wooden-built platform deep into the Jungle. Evergreen opened her eyes and blinked for a few moments, her head spinning and her heart thumping hard against her chest. Lavender helped her up and she sat for a moment, rubbing her head. 

"The Hivewing is hiding with the Leafwings, we'll get to your parents soon," Lavender said.

"What about your parents?" Evergreen asked.

"They had tried to hide me when they found out I was flamesilk. Wasp found them and me and they took my parents away to Jewel Hive prison, and I don't know what she did to them," Lavender ducked her head and glanced down at her wrists, which globes of fire still appeared in her scales.

"I'm sorry," Evergreen said, feeling sad. She really hated Queen Wasp now. 

Lavender nodded and took Evergreen's talons. She led Evergreen into a small hut and Evergreen noticed that another Hivewing dragonet was standing there. He had orange-gold scales with black stripes, and what looked like a stinger on his wrist. He looked up at Lavender and he grinned.

"Lavender! You've brought her!" The Hivewing said.

"Yes Honeydew, but we need to do something urgent," Lavender replied, "The Hivewings captured Evergreen's parents, and we need to save them."

Honeydew hesitated, his snout twisted with worry.

"I know where Wasp kept them," Honeydew said grimly, "They put them in Jewel Hive for Lady Jewel or Scarab to deal with."

"We have to save them!" Evergreen said fiercely. She wasn't going to lose her parents that easily.

"You..are not going," Lavender said sternly, pointing a claw at Evergreen. Honeydew nodded.

"I have to!" Evergreen protested, "They're my PARENTS! It's my job to protect them and save them!"

"Your basically useless to us, and them, right now," said a Leafwing who stepped into the hut. Honeydew smiled.

"Ah, Iris," Honeydew said, "Iris will be joining us."

Evergreen flared. "I'm going, no matter what! I'm never useless! I'm probably a flamesilk!"

Lavender thought for a moment. Iris glanced down at Evergreen and wrinkled her snout. Evergreen stared at Lavender, clenching her talons. 

"Fine," She finally said, "We'll take you."

Evergreen grinned as Lavender, Honeydew and Iris discussed.

I will save you guys, Mother and Father. I will be the strong dragonet you guys had raised me to be. I will be fearless and powerful, wingless or not.

The Hivewings won't harm you, no more.