✩ catbug x reader

A/N- sorry for not posting in a while, school hasn't been canceled (yet) for me and I've just been kinda busy in general. It's so great to see more people on this platform like BW too. I tried to make this oneshot kinda platonic, if that's what wasn't requested, please let me know, I'd be happy to make a new one! ^••^

⌨︎︎1st person POV⌨︎︎

"But (Y/NNNNNN)," Catbug whined and pulled at my shirt, "I finished the last one yesterday."        I tried not to look Catbug in the eye, "Catbug, you've had a package of juice boxes a day for the past two weeks! Do you know how much sugar that is."

"This much..?" Catbug held up both of his little nubby arms and spread them out a little. On the inside, I DIED from the cuteness of my little buddy. But on the outside, I still had my snarky expression, "I'm sorry buddy, we're out of juice for now." I tried not bawl my eyes out on the spot as Catbug sat down on the spot and looked down.

"Danny always gets me juice when I ask him.." Catbug muttered, almost inaudible.

That really did it.
Of course he had to mention my practical rival, Danny.

I made a quick decision, "Ah frick it, Catbug let's go get some juice boxes."
I stood up from my spot on the couch as Catbug did a little cheer behind me.
"Thanks (Y/N)!"
We were a couple of metres from the hideout when I realised we needed a way to get to the store.
I lost my licence when I, heh, purposely crashed into Danny on the highway. He kinda deserved it anyway, it was totally worth it.

The only person I could think of actually wanting to drive me was Wallow (hes underrated af) thank gosh he was the nicest of the warriors.
"Catbug, hol up a second." I ran back into the hideout and took a deep breath, "Wallow!" I shouted.
"Yeah?" I got a reply from the orange warrior.
He came from the kitchen, "Can you take me and Catbug out?" I put on a convincing smile.
Wallow thought for a second, "Sure, let's head out."
The two of us went outside, only for nobody to be there.
"Uhh, Catbug?" I looked around me, "Where are you buddy?"
Wallow walked toward the back of the hideout to look for Catbug. I stayed near the water on the wooden dock.
Suddenly, I saw bubbles rise from the water.
"Wallow!" I shouted. The warrior peeked his head around the corner.
Plugging my nose, I nodded to Wallow and dove into the water.
My eyes stung as I opened them in the blue depths of the lake next to the Hideout.
Red and black faintly appeared in front of me, I reached out and grabbed Catbug's wings and kicked my feet. Going upwards, I felt the strong urge for air.
Finally when we reached the shore, I gasped. Wallow, grabbing ahold of the two of us, checked our vitals and made sure we were ok.
"Catbug!", I looked over at his figure, which was turned away from me, "What the bloody hell were you doing?!"
Wallow gave me a dirty look , which I didn't really care about in the moment.
"(Y/N)! I gotchu something!" Catbug smiled and held up a shiny coin with President Fish-Head on it.
My expression didn't change, "Catbug, you'd be dead if you weren't so damn cute." I stared at the creature in awe. He almost died a minute ago. And he was smiling.
Wow.
"You know," I looked at Wallow, "we still gotta to get those juice boxes."
Catbug's face lit up, "Yeah yeah yeah! Let's go!!"

Sorry for slow updates, school closed (finally) so I'll have a bit more time to write! Bye!