✩ beth x fem!reader {part two}

A/N
Heyyyy I'm back (ʋ)

⌨︎︎1st person POV⌨︎︎
Finally, the bell rang. The end of seventh period was a blessing to every students (and teachers) ears. I made sure to stop by my locker before I left school, as I had to grab a couple of books.
Swinging my backpack over my shoulder, I put my airpods (hell yeah, respect the drip) in my ears and put on some music by (favourite artist/band).
My mind was racing as I debated whether or not I should go spend a ton of money on a (favourite drink), I'd really love one, but I'm broke as hell.
Sighing and chuckling to myself, I changed course and started to head for the local cafe down by the school. I loved days like these, it felt really easy to vibe when the weather was good.
What should I do? Order my drink for takeout, or it in the store and enjoy my drink?
Sitting in the store typically meant social interaction, so yeah, not doing that.
My nose hit the warm smell of sweet drinks and pastries as I stepped into the small building. The modern feel of the cafe really brought joy to me, I walked over to the semi long line and started to scroll through my phone.

"Heyyyy! (Y/N)!"
I kept looking down at my phone, thinking the person yelling was talking about someone else.
Of course there were other students from my school here, but who I didn't expect to be calling me was Daniel Vasquez.
"(Y/N)! What are you doing here?" Danny had tapped my shoulder as stood next to me in line. I had no idea what to say, it's not like I've ever talked to this guy anyway.
My gaze averted to the side, "Oh hi, I'm just getting a drink." I plastered on a smile.
Danny's dumbass attitude didn't seem to change, "That's really cool, anyway, some of my friends and I are gonna sit and chat here for a while, maybe play a couple of board games. You wanna join us?"
"Hell no. No way would I-"
"Sure." I mentally screamed as that word slipped out of my mouth. Dammit!
Danny grinned, "Sweet, I'll let ya order n stuff. We're sitting over there," He pointed to a booth near the wall of fake leaves.
I nodded in response, my smile slightly shaking as he walked away.
"Ok, great. I'm hanging out with a bunch of people who 1. I don't know. 2. I don't want to know. 3. I really just wanna go home." My thoughts scrambled into my head as I reached the front of the line.
I ordered my drink and debated if I should just leave, maybe I should.
I grabbed my drink once it was ready and as soon as I turned around,
"(Y/N)! Over here!" I heard a feminine voice to my right.
Beth sat at a table, waving at me. I put a grin on my face and started to walk over to her.
The only open spot at the four person booth was next to Beth, so I sat next to her.
"Hi.." I sheepishly waved, and took a sip of my drink.
Chris and Danny were busy talking to each other, Beth and I sat in silence.
"So, (Y/N), hows it going?" She stirred her tea a bit.
"Oh, good.. oh no, my mom wants me home now, bye." I waved and grabbed my drink, then headed for the door.
"That was so lame... at least I'm outta there now." I shuddered at the thought of my actions and put my music back on as I walked home.

⌨︎︎3rd person POV⌨︎︎

"Bye....?" Beth didn't think (Y/N) heard her farewell.
Groaning, Beth's head made contact with the table.
"Do you guys think she seemed a little bit interested?" Beth, without lifting her head, asked her two doofuses for friends.
Chris winced, "Personally, no. But hey, at least she responded to your question..?"
Danny shook his head, "Beth, if you wanna figure out how to get the ladies," Danny ran a hand through his hair, "ask Wallow. He's super good at this stuff."
Beth thought for a moment, then sighed, "I guess..."

A/N
I'm back to regular updates !! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)