Two: New Feelings

Muffled voices come through the fog of pain and ache that flood my whole body. I couldn't move or even open my eyes to see who was talking or where I was. A male voice rings out, low and cautious. "She doesn't have long Payne, the brain damage...."

Feminine and somewhat familiar another voice snaps back "You're not listening. I want to save her," A pause then the female speaks again cautiously "I just need you to be here to keep me from falling too deep."
The fog starts to roll back in and it takes over pulling me into an abyss.

---------------------
Hot pain shoots through me spreading like wildfire throughout my body lurching me awake, crying out in confusion. My arm was on fire. The pain was unbelievable, filling every muscle in me, it felt like I was being roasted on fire slowly. Distantly I can hear screaming, it's my voice yet I don't remember when I started screaming. I thrashed against whatever restrained me. It held me down tightly as I try with all my might to escape the pain but I couldn't budge. Howling as the torment keeps coming relentlessly until it took over me entirely, knowing nothing but that pain. It feels like an eternity until my eyes roll back into my head giving me a sweet release from the torture.

At some point, the pain dulls to a pulsing ache in the very back of my skull and I can sleep without yelling out in pain.

---------------------
When I wake up one of the first thing I notice is the plain walls and ceiling the second is the strain in my right arm weighing it down to my side. I groan as I struggle to sit up my head pounding as I make the effort. The bed I was laying in was large and swallowed me in plush comfort, the blankets large and heavy, I kick them off of me. My body was stiff and sweaty, moving robotically. Looking around I'm in a room unfamiliar to me, a window to my left showed the night sky and a door was in front of me, the only other piece of furniture in the room was an armchair in the corner.

"This isn't my room?" I tell myself.

"Perceptive aren't you pet." I jump as a woman materialized from the corner, I hadn't seen her sitting in the chair, the room was dark. She stood and walked to the side of my bed.

Squinting I realize it's the woman from the bar last night. Was she the one who saved me?
She wore tight blue jeans hugging her bottom nicely and a dark T-shirt that pushed her breast up into clear view. Her dark hair tumbled down her front and framed her pretty face. The stilettos she wore had her towering over me, it was so intense and very hot.
I shrink at her commanding presence blushing slightly under her sharp gaze. "Where am I?"

The goddess sits down at the foot of the bed crossing those long legs of hers and says "A safe place for now," the answer vague.

"W-what happened?" I stutter.

Tilting her head slightly concern shows in her maroon eyes "A werewolf attacked you if I didn't show up..." she trails off before shaking her head "How are you feeling? Any pain?"

I shake my head slightly "Just achy..." I go to rub my neck but wince when a sharp pang goes through my arm. "Ah!" I gasp. My arm was wrapped up in gauze. "I don't remember cutting my arm..." I say.

"You didn't," the woman's exotic accented voice says "You hit your head...very badly."

Silence fills the room as I put the pieces together; her red eyes, that attractive pull to her...how else could she have saved me from a werewolf? My throat goes dry and my ears start ringing loudly as I come to my conclusion. "You're a vampire." It wasn't a question but she nods anyway. "And you turned...?" My voice shook as tears threatened to come.