Seven: Intense

"If you ever pull something reckless stunt like that again I will skin you alive Van Byrne." Ellie lectures me while breaking my ribs with a hug.

I gasp for air and pat her hard on the back. "Alright, okay, let me breathe."

Ellie obliges me stepping back to get a full assessment of me, checking for any injuries with worried grey eyes. "You're ok though? Not going to explode or go into a frenzy?" Her face pales and she grows nervous. "Or cry? Gods, please don't cry."

That makes me laugh, my best friend never knew how to properly deal with tears. "I'm fine, I just missed you guys."

It was the next morning, Ellie and Lang had burst through the front doors raising hell waking us all. Now we sat out in the meadow behind the manor, looking out to the forest. I explained to them what I knew; my Olympian blood came from my mother's side though we weren't sure how far back. It also made me the first hybrid in centuries. The sun was bright and warm today, twisting the ring on my finger I bite my lip to keep from smiling. I was suddenly very grateful for the enchanted ring that Aurora gave me, I would've missed the sun. Looking over at Aurora who sat under the shade of a tree reading a book I smirk at the title. It was the one from last night she had taken it claiming that it was interesting. The thought of last night brings a blush to my face, when I woke up this morning I was tangled in Aurora's cool limbs. Her face had looked so peaceful when she slept unlike the predator gaze she had when she was awake. It had taken all my strength not to kiss her.
When she woke up I was knocked away by her bright smile. Aurora lazily said good morning in her sexy morning voice before pulling me close and falling back asleep. I had laid there for almost 30 minutes trying to calm my rapid beating heart.
At this rate, I would jump her bones the second I was given a chance.
"Earth to Izzy," Lang waves a hand in front of my face.

I blink. "Huh?"

Lang snickers at me. "I asked you if I could go all out at this party tonight. It is your welcome Home bash we need to get crazy."

Plucking blades of glass out of the ground I frown. "I wish we could but my father thought it would be a good idea if the aristocracy could see how I am transitioning. So no we can't go crazy."

He boos me and Ellie shoves him. "Whose all showing?" She asks.

I make a face to show my displeasure as I explain. "A couple of council members, lords, and such. I called up a few other friends too but I'm not sure they'll show. Oh, and Finnick."

Both my besties let out disgusted gasps. Ellie groans "Whyyyy?! I swear if he ruins tonight I'm burning the place to the ground."

Sprawled out on the grass Lang laughs "You can't burn down Liza's house"

"Thank you, Lang." I smile at him.

He pushes platinum hair out of his coal eyes. "So you're actually going through with that mess huh?" Lang's tone is casual but I know he is upset for me.

Not trying to show how much I disliked this topic I shrug, my shoulders jumping up to my ears. "Don't have much of a choice do I?"

Once again I feel more than hear my sire come to my side. Aurora's presence makes me shiver, the smell of citrus floating up to my nostrils. I look up to see her at me side she offered me a thermos I knew was full of blood and wine. "Drink this." The order comes out short and blunt.

I take with a small smile and watch as she walks back to the manor. Aurora may have tried to be discreet about it but I know she interrupted us on purpose; she knew how uncomfortable I was. Shaking the goofy smile threatening to break free I open the thermos and take a big gulp. The liquid instantly warms me up and I feel a slight buzzing under my skin.
Ellie bumps me with her shoulder. "What's the deets on her? She seems intense."

I laugh loudly at her choice of words. That was one of the ways I could describe my sire. Aurora Payne was indeed ....intense."You have no idea."

She knit her eyebrows together not comprehending but she shrugs it off going into full planning mode for my party.

A blush rushes to my face before I can stop it. Words fail to come as flashes of Aurora's intense gaze and actions run through my mind. I want to tell them so badly was has transpired between the female vampire and me over the past month but I'm not sure how they will react. How am I supposed to tell them that she's kissed me? That I have mental malfunctions when she touches me? Or that I share a bed with her?
I heave a sigh thinking about my unreadable vampire sire. She never really opened up to me o I never knew what she wanted. Was this just a game to her or did she feel something like I did? Shaking my head almost forlornly I think to myself. What am I going to do with her?

Sorry for the short chapter! I just put it in for a filler.