9.Early birds

Early birds
Chapter 9

We are now out of the built up area and there are no longer houses or shops lining the roads

We are now out of the built up area and there are no longer houses or shops lining the roads. We drive past huge fields and down small winding roads. I put the window down and let fresh open air fill my lungs. It's going to be a glorious day. I look at Trent who's wearing a black snapped back cap, hiding his curls. Black jeans, a short sleeved black top that he's rolled up further to show of his tattoos and white Air Force. He looks hot.

"How did you get my number" I ask breaking the silence.

"Frankie. He was bragging about having; yours, Scarletts and Amelias and started to mock me for not having any of the girls numbers from college. Like I give a shit" he tells me.

"Scarlett gave him my number yesterday, he text me his address so I could meet her" I let him know. I don't want him to think I actually like Frankie like that. If Scarlett text me the address herself, he wouldn't even have my number.

We pull into the car park of a small white pub. It has vines climbing its walls and a sign that reads 'The White Hart Pub' it's pretty and looks really old.

"Frankie likes to think he's a player" Trent laughs. We walk into the Pub and take our seat by a window overlooking a small brook that backs onto the pub garden.

The pub is empty apart from a woman that looks to be in her early 30s, working behind the bar. She has a few tattoos on her upper arm, her bleached blond hair is pulled into a pony and she's wearing black shorts and a black vest. I notice she can't keep her eyes off Trent as she follows us to the table.

"Couple of early birds are we" she says, still staring at Trent as she pulls out a small note pad and pen to take our orders.

"I'm having a full English breakfast and a beer" he tells her without even looking at her.

"I'll have the same, but with a tea" I smile.

"Who drinks beer at just gone 7am" I ask him as the woman walks away.

He raises his eyebrows and laughs.

"Seriously" I say, laughing back at him. "We have college soon"

"I might not take you back" He smirks, he has a mischievous look on his face. He really is beautiful and I know I'm blushing. I look away and shake my head.

"You wouldn't" would he? He might. I don't even know him. I begin to wonder what I'm doing here.

"Why did you ask me to breakfast" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Why not, we are friends aren't we" he tells me. I suppose we are. I thought this felt more like a date.

"I mean" he continues "I like your company, you're not like Scarlett or Amelia. Constantly showing off and annoying. And you're definitely easier on the eyes then Frankie" he smiles.