Chapter 2: The Encounter

Tim tried to ignore that little voice in his head, but he'd learned a long time ago to never disregard that little voice, no matter how annoying it could get. He watched the landscape change from the normally rugged terrain to the smooth, sandy kind that people would find in an Old West desert town.

He thought back to his dream and what the tiger-man was trying to say, but he still didn't know, and he wondered what had happened to their ship that had it crash landing on Earth. He was pulled from his thoughts by the jeep coming to a stop just outside the old town.

Hey, Tim," David said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Hmm?" Tim asked, turning his head and looking at him questioningly.

"Lets go," David said, jumping out of the jeep and following the others.

"Right," Tim said, following after him.

What's the plan, Boss?" Haywood asked as David and Tim walked up.

"We fan out and wait, and everyone turn your radios on," David ordered as he turned his radio on.

They all reached into their pockets and took out a walkie-talkie, turned them on, and put them back in their pockets.

"Aright, we're going to split up into two teams," David said, looking at them after a moment of thought.

"Who's goin' with who, then?" Nathan asked.

"Tim, Selena, and Matt are one team and Nathan, Daniel, and I will be the other. We'll each take a side of town, set up a perimeter, and wait for this thing to land," David ordered.

"Right," they said at the same time.

"Tim's team will take the left side and mine will take the right side," David continued.

"You got it," Tim answered as his team gathered around him and they headed off to the left side of the town.

Tim took the lead and led them around to the back of their part of town and walked halfway down before he stopped.

"Why'd we stop?" Haywood asked.

"This is where we're going to wait," Tim announced, looking up at the sky.

"Here?" Selena asked, looking around with disgust.

"Yes, here. Now lets get set up and wait," Tim ordered, turning around and looking at them.

"Yes, Sir," they said disgruntledly.

They were all looking for a place to sit down at when all of a sudden there was a loud sound that seemed to come from all around them.

"What the hell is that?!" Selena yelled as she covered her ears with her hands.

"I don't know!" Tim yelled back as he, too, covered his ears with his hands.

"Guys, look!" Haywood yelled, pointing up into the sky.

They turned and looked up; what they saw was a giant ball of fire hurtling towards the right side of the town.

"David, come in!" Tim yelled, taking out his walkie-talkie and pressing the talk button.

"Tim, are you seeing this?!" David answered.

"Yeah, I am. And it's heading in your direction!" Tim responded as he watched the fireball get closer to the other side of town.

"Right. We're moving now!" David replied.

"Got it. We'll meet back where we were before!" Tim decided, leading the others back the way they had come.

"See you there! Out!" David said and disconnected.