𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦- 𝘐𝘙𝘓

Claire stepped out of her and Nat's apartment as she plugged her headphones into her phone. She scrolled through her playlists, finally picking one and shuffling it. Love my way by The Psychedelic Furs began playing, causing a small smile to creep into her face. She checked the queue of songs that would play next as she walked towards the elevator, swiping away songs she didn't feel like listening to, only taking a break to press the down button.

The elevator beeped and the door opened after a few seconds of waiting. She stepped forward onto the elevator, taking a moment to examine the other person in the elevator. He was tall and thin, with curly black hair. He was looking down, so she didn't get a good look at his face before returning to swiping songs on her phone.

"What floor are you going to?" The man asked.

She placed her phone into her bag. "I'm heading down to the lobby." Looking up at the stranger, she saw his eyes widen in shock."Is something wrong?" She finally got a good look at his face, and something about him seemed oddly familiar.

"N-no," he stuttered. "It's just that you're- Uh, you're-" he nervously shook his hand as he mumbled, "why is this so hard?"

"Ohh, I get it," she said with a smile, realizing the reason behind his nervousness and shock. "You must be a fan."

"Yeah, you could say that." He gave her a nervous smile.

She chuckled as she reached forward to shake his hand. "Well, then it's great to meet you, uh..." she trailed off, not knowing his name.

"Timothée," he answered, shaking her hand with an awkward but excited smile.

For a brief moment, Timmy's nerves calmed. She didn't recognize him, which meant she didn't know he was the one who called her gorgeous on Twitter. But that calmness came crashing down as he watched her eyes light up with realization.

"Oh," she exclaimed. "You're Timothée Chalamet!"

'Goddammit,' he thought to himself.

"Yeah, that's me."

'Okay, Timotheé, you've got this. Play it cool.'

"I'm the guy who called you gorgeous on Twitter."

'I am the worst.'

Much to his surprise (and relief) she didn't get weirded out or embarrassed at his odd statement. Rather, she smiled as she said, "I've been meaning to thank you for that but I haven't gotten the chance yet. So, thank you. You're pretty attractive, too."

He blushed at her compliment. "It was nothing. I was worried that it came off as weird or creepy or something like that."

"No, no," she reassured. "Not at all. To be honest, I was a little worried about making your girlfriend jealous or something."

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I don't have one, so that's not an issue."

'You idiot, Claire,' she thought to herself. 'Don't just assume he's straight.'

"Oh, sorry. I wouldn't want to make any boyfriends jealous either."

"I'm uh, I'm not into guys," he replied awkwardly. "I'm just single."

"Oh I'm so sorry," she apologized profusely, not wanting to rub salt in the wound. "Well then lucky me, I guess," she joked before realizing the implications her statement had. "N-Not like that, I'm just glad I didn't make anyone jealous. I'm not into you or anything, just dense. Really, really dense."

"It's fine, really." He waved his hand in a declining gesture. "I totally get it."

The elevator beeped and the door opened, releasing the two actors from the little hell they had created. They would both agree that the interaction was very awkward, each blaming themselves for it when it was really just a mixture of circumstances.

"Well, it's been nice talking to you," Claire said as she began walking backwards out of the elevator. "Glad to finally meet-"

Claire quickly realized that walking backwards was in no way a good idea. You see, if she had walked normally, then she would've seen the "Caution! Wet floor," sign just outside the elevator door. Had she seen it, she wouldn't have tripped, and Timotheé wouldn't have caught her, leaving their faces awkwardly close.

Timotheé helped her back into her feet as she profusely apologized, "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I should've looked where I was going."

"Don't worry about it, it's okay," he reassured her once more. "It's not your fault."

"Thank you so, so much. And again, I'm so sorry." She wiped her clammy palms on the side of her jeans. "It was nice to finally meet you."

"Yeah, you, too," he replied. "And don't worry about it. I don't mind."

With that, she walked towards the door, cheeks still flushed from embarrassment.

'Nat's never gonna believe this,' she thought as she stepped out of the lobby.

Timotheé watched her walk out, groaning as she disappeared from his view. 'Why are you so goddamn awkward,' He thought to himself. 'Arnie's gonna lose his mind when he hears about this.'

________________________________

First IRL chapter!! Exciting!! Now that they've finally been introduced to each other I can get into the stuff y'all are probably waiting for