Chapter 72

Vanessa

"Umm... If we're moving on then there's something you should probably know...." Kayden started out, his heartbeat accelerating.

"Why are you nervous? Your hearts beating so fast."

That's... not normal.

"Why can I hear your heartbeat?"

Dylan drew in a deep breath " That's what we need to tell you."

"You should be dead right now, Vanessa."

"W-what? Then why-"

"Before your heartbeat stopped Dylan and I bit you."

"Well, that's kind of creepy, but I don't know what it has to do with me not being dead."

Kayden narrowed his eyes at me. "One, we weren't being creepy. Two, it has everything to do with it considering, I'm a vampire and he's a werewolf," he said jutting his thumb out at Dylan.

"Bullshit."

"No, not bullshit. Kai, can you make some room?"

Kai raised his hand and the furniture glided across the floor and against the wall.

"Kai!" I hissed.

What the hell was he thinking?!

"What? They already know."

My jaw dropped when Dylan started stripping. I was torn between wanting to look and covering my eyes.

Dylan smirked, "You can look if you want."

Dylan was now only covered by his snug looking black boxers.

"What are you doing?"

"Just watch."

Suddenly Dylan's body began to morph, and in his place was a black wolf with silk fur and striking green eyes. It was absolutely fascinating. Shit! He really was werewolflf! I reached my hand out to pet him, and smiled when I was rewarded with a low purr.

"Your turn." I said turning toward Kayden.

Kayden nodded and strode over to me until we were face to face. He paused to stare at me before smiling real big. I was confused until I saw them, fangs. I should probably be freaked out right now, but I was a witch, so I guess anything could happen at this point. I reached out and gently traced his lips and his now, sharpened teeth.

"Ouch."

A drop of blood landed on his bottom lip. Kayden merely smiled before licking his lip and my finger. Honestly, instead of being grossed out that was oddly seductive.

"Okay, so let me get this straight. You're a vampire and Dylan's a were-wolf, correct?"

They both nodded, although I think that's all Dylan could do in his current form.

"And you both bit me?" After a guilty pause, they both nodded.

"So what happens to me?"

Dad sighed. "We don't know, honey. We have to figure that out. For all, we know you might not even be able to use magic anymore."

My heartbeat sped up at the thought of not being able to use magic again. A world without magic seemed miserable.

Dad noticed my panic. "Why don't you try a spell?"

"Luces da esencia"

Bright blues, radiant reds, and neon greens danced across my hand. I gently blew and watched them scatter swirling around my friends and family. I sighed in relief. I could still do magic!