Of Fighting, Assumptions, and Basketball

Disclaimer: No I do not own Percy Jackson and the Olympians, a game with cards and figurines about the Greek Gods, or anything else that comes with it. Rick Riordan does.

Percy's Point of View

"What do you have in your head, kelp? I totally did not make a foul!" Thalia seethes.

"Really? 'Cause it sure looked like it to me!" I hiss back.

"You're just jealous because I'm such a good basketball player and I could pull off that maneuver," she snaps, sparks starting to flicker on her arms.

"Good? You're the worst basketball player I've ever seen!"

"Funny, since I'm winning!"

"This game doesn't count!"

"What are you talking about? Of course it counts!"

"Pinecone Face!"

"Seaweed Brain!"

"Would you two stop flirting? My siblings are trying to paint their nails and this insistent yelling is making them mess up," says an Aphrodite boy, coming up to us. He has tanned skin, light brown hair, and soft sky blue eyes.

"WHAT?" Thalia and I yell.

"What-" I glance at Thalia who's so mad her whole body is starting to crackle with electricity. "What makes you think that we were flirting?"

The boy shrugs and then smiles. "I know what I hear."

Thalia and I are silent before I douse him with water, and then Thalia screams and a volt of lightning comes out of the sky, hits her spear, and hits the boy squarely in the chest. Ouch. Her power is actually multiplied by water. The boy shrieks when he's shocked, but than a maniac sound comes out of his mouth.

"Oh. My. Gods. WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY HAIR?" he cries out. His caramel colored locks are standing straight on end. "I spent an hour and a half doing it this morning!"

"Too bad. You shouldn't have presumed that we were flirting," Thalia snaps. The boy runs back to his cabin, almost crying. Needless to say, Thalia and I double over in laughter, our fight forgotten.

Once Thalia stops gasping for air and I wipe the tears running down my face, Thalia stands straight up, her eyes serious. "We never, ever, speak to anyone about this."

"Agreed," I reply.