Of Pissed Demigods and Awkward Turtles

Disclaimer: I don't own Percy Jackson...blah blah wish blah blah did blah blah Rick blah blah blah blah Riordan.

Annabeth's Point of View

"Ready to go, Annabeth?" Will Solace asks me, running a hand through his windswept, surfer-boy, sun-kissed hair, doing nothing but making it more untidy.

"Ready," I say, a bit nervously, as I readjust my heavy turquoise necklace, move the collar on my white, lacy T-shirt to the right a fraction, and tug down the hem of my jean shorts. Will waits patiently, then grabs my hand, and we walk to the beach. (A/N: Okay...just realized a mistake...Will is like, three years older than her...awkward.) Will Solace is a really nice boy, and good-looking, too, with his bright azure eyes and athletic build. He's also really, really smart. I just kind of wish...well, I wished that Percy had asked me to the fireworks instead of Will...

When we arrive at the beach, I walk among the campers, mingling with everyone. I chat, I laugh, I talk about who's going with who. Normal fireworks behaviour. Sometimes I think it's a bit shallow, but tonight I make an exception; it's more fun when Will's beside me, being his usual charming self.

All's well until I spot a head of black hair. Black hair that looks extremely familiar. No, it can't be Thalia. Because Thalia never, ever wears electric blue halter necks, or un-ripped black jean shorts, or black gladiator sandals. It can't be Thalia. Because Thalia doesn't wear jewelry, and the girl has a small cluster of black bracelets on her left hand, along with one silver one. And Thalia's hair is spiky, not wavy, like this girl's. And besides, Thalia didn't want to come to the fireworks.

But as the girl turns around slightly, I get a view of her profile. Electric, bright blue eyes, a spray of freckles splattered across her high, pale cheekbones. It is Thalia. And she...did something to her hair. To make it seem more natural, wavier than it normally is.

I've got to go talk to her.

I push through the crowd, murmuring things like, "'scuse me...please move...get out of the way!" I make my way over to Thalia, who's talking with Silena, and I manage to catch some of her conversation.

"...I can't believe you're actually going with him! I knew you guys would end up together! How did it happen? I want to know every little detail!" Silena squeals, her dark almond eyes narrowed in anticipation while clasping her hands. Her hair is scattered in a cloud of dark, loose curls, and she's wearing a red sundress that flares out at her hips and ends five inches above her knees, creating a classy yet still summery and casual look.

"Well, actually, he pretended he was going with me to get out of going with Drew-"

"Oh, I can totally see how he wouldn't want to go with her...she's such a jerk..."

"-and he ended up asking me. But, you know, Silena, we're only here as friends-"

"Hey Thalia," I say, coming up close to her and grabbing her hand roughly, plastering a fake grin on my face. "Umm...don't mean to be rude...but why the Hades are you here? I thought you weren't coming."

Thalia rolls her eyes. "Nice to see you too, Wise Girl. And I wasn't going to come, but then," she blushes slightly, the scarlet accenting her eyes, "someone asked me...and I...well...said yes."

"Who asked you?" I demand. What boy could have possibly gotten Thalia to look like this?

"I did," says a familiar voice behind me.

Thalia's Point of View

Oh, gods. Annabeth looks absolutely steaming. Her face is an unsightly shade of red and her lips are twisted down into an ugly grimace as Will Solace tries to calm her. Percy fidgets nervously. He's wearing a blue plaid button-down shirt with long sleeves that he's hastily rolled up, long jean shorts, and untied converse, looking cute in a kind of sloppy way. I grind my teeth, extremely annoyed with the situation right now.