Chapter 5

Hey we're gonna be on holidays soon so once we are we will hopefully have an updating schedule started up.

One by one the group woke up feeling sticky, dirty, sore and very very hungry. They all agreed to split off to have showers and clean up and they would meet back up in the dining hall.

It took about 3/4's of an hour for the seven of them all to finally regroup back into the dining hall due to Lilian taking an extremely long shower and Sam had fallen asleep in his bath tub.

Now the teens were surrounding two tables they had pushed together having ignored the guards complains saying they weren't allowed to do that. Plates and bowls of food were scattered over the table most belonging to Gemma who was eating what was in front of her as if she'd been deprived of food for a month. Which had happened before and the outcome wasn't pretty. She had attacked the guards and broken quite a few limbs, lets just say they never ran that experiment again.

Though the group was quite well separated from the other groups that had been tested upon, they had seen glimpses of them as they passed each other in the hallways from the testing rooms hidden under the facilities. 

The twins were the only ones to not show up at the dining hall, Gemma bringing news that their trainers had been very mad they hadn't shown up earlier that morning for their lessons, so they were doing advanced catch up then.

-

The group winced at the news as they all surround the table that had plates of food scattered over it. They all knew the twins had it rougher then the rest in expectations and that through out the testing stages were probably a bit more mentally affected having to watch each other being pushed to the limits.

- Glimpse-

Eli's eyes were lacking emotion as he carried his bleeding twin  down the hallway towards the infirmary. The five other children in their group looked at them shocked from their own rooms Lilian letting out a tiny gasp before slapping her hand over her mouth to stop the bile that was rising up her throat.

Cathleens arms were bruised and covered in blood  that was dripping onto the floor. Her usually clean and shiny blonde hair matted with dry blood and tied up messily in a bun. Her brother staggering to get her to the doctors as fast as he could, though he had a wound that probably broke a few ribs and might've pierced his lung as his breathing became crackly and blood dribbled from his lip. 

As they reached the door of the infirmary the new professor that had been assigned to them let out a gasp. This doctor was a female as the people in charge of the whole operation had hoped maybe they would trust her in a motherly way a bit more. 

"Quick get yourselves onto the tables" was the last thing they heard before the twins disappeared inside the room and were not seen again for a week.

-Back To The Present Brought To You By Gemmas Food-

The group looked around at each other silently as the memory flashed across their minds. They had never learnt what had happened to the twins, they were rather closed off about the type of training and trials they had gone through to get to the point of where they were today.

Gemma broke the silence but reaching across the table and stealing a hashbrown off Peters plate.

"HEY! I was gonna eat that" he remarked stubbornly poking his tongue out at her before returning to his food.

The group laughed softly at Gemmas food stealing antics.

Willow glaring softly at Sam who had fallen asleep his head in her lap a spoon hanging out of his mouth an empty teacup hanging from his fingers. Though despite her annoyance that he was continuously falling asleep on her and never someone else she still left him there and ran her fingers through his hair softly.

The group ate and joked around for a little while longer before the door to the hall opened revealing the twins. Eli carrying Cathleen on his back, both freshly showered and in new clothes though Eli had a bandage wrapped around his upper arm. The twins sat themselves down with Cathleen grabbing an egg sandwich before crawling into her brothers lap. They were like this quite alot after a hard lesson and the group had learned it was better to leave them to open up why they wanted to, as the last time they had tried questioning them and pushed a bit to far Lilian had ended up with all her clothes missing for a week so she had been forced to wear the science lab drabs and she had not been happy.

Peter looked aroudn the group before interrupting the conversation, "I've decided when were going to escape"

I know Im sorry, Im a horrible person. Yes its a sucky short chapter and you had to wait aaaaaaages, and for that I apologise profusely but we are getting to an exciting part of the story so please be patient.

P.S. dont be afraid to vote, comment or tell others it would be a great help and we love reading your comments :)  -Cecelia