5(edited)

Words:1305

character:6693

Y/N POV

He smiles wider -if that's even possible- and says nothing. If I didn't hear him say something

earlier, I would have thought he had become mute.

"Are you gonna say something or stare all day?" I asked, already getting annoyed.

"You know, I was just thinking about when we first met; you really need to start looking where you're going, so we'll stop bumping into each other." He finally spoke hallelujah. If I wasn't stone cold and angry, I would have laughed but, Nah not happening. I know you all are confused, so lemme flashback for you guys how I met my ex-best friend in front of me.

FLASHBACK

"Y/n c'mon, you'll love it," my bestie Isabella said. She was trying to convince me to follow her to the SummerFest music festival in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, next month during the summer break, but I didn't want to go. It's not like I hate music, I just had a lot to do for your parents during the break.

"Sorry, Izzy, I can't come. I have things to do this summer. My parents won't let me go anywhere until I finish all I gotta do," I said with a sigh.

"Yeah, I understand. I just wish you were there." Izzy smiled.

We continued talking, and not looking where we were going when I bumped into someone sending me falling on the ground.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have stood in the hallway like that, especially when I don't know where to go," the guy I bumped into said.

"No, it's okay. I also wasn't looking where I was going."I said, smiling and dusting myself. "I'm Y/n, by the way. Are you new here, because you said you are lost." By now, everyone was already going to class because the bell had already rung.

"I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung. And yeah I'm lost" he said

"Uhm, can I see your schedule then so I can direct you," I said so he brought it out and showed him I smiled after seeing it. "Looks like we have the same schedule."

"Really? That's cool," he says shyly, and I smile. It looks like I may have a new bestie... YAY!!!

Talking of besties... where did Isabella go? My eyes widen when I notice we're the only ones in the hallway and that everyone must have gone to class. "Oh, no..." I say out loud. Taehyung must have noticed too or just looked at the panic on my face then realized something was wrong because his eyes also widened. "We're so fucking dead."

Taehyung looks at me weirdly and laughs, I smile sheepishly and mutter "sorry" before dragging him to our class. When we got to class, the teacher had already begun teaching. I knock before entering so as not to be rude by just badging into the room when I'm late. I say sorry to the teacher and try to explain why I'm late to him while introducing Taehyung.

"So you see Mr. Mark, I was walking down the halls on my way to class when I bumped into this handsome specimen who was lost. In trying to help him, I didn't know the bell had rung. "Someone," I say, glaring pointedly at Isabella, who grins at me, "didn't think to bring it to my notice but decided to leave me alone in the halls." Mr mark sends me off with a warning and introduces Taehyung to the class. I see girls already drooling and flaunting their cleavage to get his attention. He ignores it and takes a seat at the back. Sometimes I wonder what girls who behave like this in middle school will do in high school. I guess we would have to wait till next fall to find out.

*****TIME SKIP*****

It's summer break, and over the last month, Tae and I have become close. We hang out together a lot. Sometimes alone, sometimes with Yoongi and Izy. Yoongi doesn't seem to like him, and I don't know why. He's always mad when I tell him Tae is gonna join us when we're hanging out. I don't get it though; they are both Koreans. I thought they would be happy to have one another, I guess I thought wrong.

*****TIME SKIP*****

It's the first day of Sophomore year, and Tae said he had something to tell me. I was excited. I thought he was finally gonna ask me out, but I couldn't be more wrong. He told me he was moving back to Korea. I was devastated, heartbroken I cussed at him and left him going home and skipping school for that week. He tried calling me, but I wouldn't pick it, he tried talking to me, but I wouldn't reply. It continued like that until his last week in the US. I cried and ran to him, hugging him. We spent the entire week together, making memories, and when he was gone, I felt numb all over. Yoongi was the one who comforted me during that time, He was my shoulder to cry on. And I think that was when I started falling for him. I mistook his friendship for something more, and now I regret it.

End of flashback

Thinking back to then, I think I wouldn't have fallen for Yoongi if Tae hadn't left. Who am I kidding? I was already in love with him before I met Tae but wasn't ready to admit it. I saw it as just a crush until when Tae left, and it was only us. And no, I didn't use Tae, I actually liked him, and he would have been my boyfriend now or maybe fiance even, but when he left, and Yoongi comforted me, I felt sparks between us. With Tae, there were also sparks, but with Yoongi, the sparks felt like electricity. And before I knew it, that crush was growing and became love.

Tae knew I had feelings for Yoongi, but he told me that he was gonna try and win me over. He did win me over, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

"Y/n, I'm sorry, you know, right? It wasn't in my control," he finally said. "You know you could have come back during the breaks, right? You just stopped calling, answering my text or my calls. Do you have any idea how that felt" I say, getting angry. He sees this and tries to calm me down, but I'm having none of it. "I swear to God Kim Taehyung. I'm gonna kill you right here if you don't start explaining yourself." And so he does. He tells me everything, how his family forbade him from visiting, and how he had to work hard so he could help his brothers in their father's company. I understood because I also have to work hard to take over the mafia, so I know where he is coming from. That dissolves my anger a little. We spend the next hour catching up and making plans to hang out during the weekend. If I thought my first day couldn't be more eventful, I thought wrong.

*Preview*

Unknown POV

She's here. And she's in my class. I saw her, I can see the hatred in her eyes, I can see what she's become, and I've been dreading this moment since I heard she was coming here yet I've been excited to see her. When I do, I feel the hatred and anger radiating from her, and there's nothing I can do.

A/n: I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for the late update. I hope you all are doing well. And if you have the coronavirus know that my love and prayer are with you. I'll try to update as frequently as possible since I'm home so you guys can keep busy.

Question: who is stuck at home like me, and what are you doing to stay active?

Me: Reading, virtual classes, driving my mum nuts, listening to music, eating, and praying for June regent to be canceled he-he.

Lots of love