Suspicions

Sorry I haven't updated in like...forever. Enjoy!

Erica's POV

Where am I?

...

Who...

No.

Help me, please.

Ben.

Ben's POV

I woke up to Zoe nudging me with a bright look. "Get up!" she said, a big smile plastered across her face.

I immediately sat up. "What? You found Erica?"
"No." Zoe's face fell. "But here's what's exciting. We're playing UNO again!"

"Again?"

She smiled. "Come on! Piper's joining us!"
I lazily trudged towards the bathroom. As I washed my face up, my thoughts flashed back to yesterday. Catherine had informed me that the king had issued an order. I brushed my teeth, showered and got dressed before walking out of my room.

"There you are!" Jamie said when I finally walked into Cynthia's room. Everyone was sitting on the floor, looking at me. "Come on."

"Any news?" I asked the group, but the question was directly aimed at Piper, who shook her head.

"My dad says they're still searching. I'm worried."

"Catherine's talking to the King and Queen, though. For now, let's enjoy some UNO!" Mike announced triumphantly, trying to cheer me up. I put up a weak smile.

"Alright, I'll begin," Cynthia announced as soon as Zoe had passed out the cards. "Let's do this."

"Seven."

"Three!"

"Draw two cards."

"Why?!"

"Serves you right, Mike."

"Yeah right, Jamie."

"Skip you, Ben."

I groaned. "No."

"Eight."

"It's red!"

"Who changed the color?"

"I did, J. To red. You don't have any reds."

"Sometimes I hate you, Cynthia."

"Five."

"Draw four."

"Why me, Zoe?"

"Because you're looking so down. Erica'll be fine."

"Fine, I'll take four."

"What color are we doing again?"

"GREEN!"

"Too bad, I'm changing it to yellow."

"Mike!"

"UNO!"

"What? Piper, you cheated!"

"Did not."

"UNO."

"Five."

"Draw two, Piper."

"Darn it!"

"And I win."

We all dropped our cards and looked to Jamie, who had absolutely no cards in his hands and a grin on his face. Cynthia sighed, gathering all ten of her cards.