Remind me never to do that

Hello!!!!! Again. Anyways, I finished the drafts for this book! They're all in a notebook, though, so it'll take me quite some time to finish typing it all up. But since I don't have school till September, I've made up a plan. I finish this book by April, and I start a brand-new fanfic in May.

By any chance, do any of you guys like BTS?

"But what if the guard finds us?"I asked Erica.

She shrugged. "They won't. We'll be stealthy. Come on. I haven't seen the surface in a while, and I'm craving a salad."

I got up and followed her out of the cell. While she was enthusiastic, I was worried.

"Come on, Ben. Why the long face?" she asked. "Faster."

I put up a weak smile and followed her past the storage rooms up to the base of the staircase.

"After you," I said. "Ladies first, and also, if someone's waiting there trying to kill us, you're probably best equipped to handle it, even though you're not exactly in peak physical condition."

She laughed. "So you admit that you're worse than me even when I'm not at my fullest?"

"Duh," I replied, and I got a playful shove as a response.

She ran up the stairs quickly, but as her body wasn't completely recovered, she was a little slow. nevertheless, she was energetic by the time we reached the top.

She tugged on the handle. It didn't open.

"It's locked," she reported.

"Great," I replied. "Let's rest for a while."

She shook her head. "Are you kidding me? I'm going to kick the door open."

"Are you sure that's the best decision?" I asked. "I mean, your body isn't fully ready."

"Nonsense," she said, and stepped back. "I'm going to do this."

Then she kicked the door.

Nothing happened. It remained firm. But there was a very distinct crack, and Erica lowered her foot, whimpering in pain.

"Are you okay?" I asked, cautiously approaching her.

"Does it...look like I'm okay?" she croaked out. "I think...I broke a bone. Maybe two." She sank to the floor and clutched her foot in pain. She wasn't wearing any shoes, either.

"Oh, that's bad," I said, pointing at the swelling.

"Can...can you get my foot elevated?" she asked slowly.

"Uh...okay." I helped her up to her feet and down the stairs. Her foot was purple and swollen, and she winced with every step.

I led her to a chair and found a big bucket and a couple of pillows. I placed the pillows on top of the bucket and made her rest her foot on it.

"Yeah, I definitely broke a couple of bones," she groaned. "Do you know...if there's ice anywhere here?"

"Uh...maybe?" I asked. "Where can I find ice here in a basement?"

"Maybe try the laundry room," she replied. "There...there might be something there."

I nodded and rushed to the laundry room. There had to be something.

Sure enough, I found a cooler and some washing machine liquid in it. Next to the liquid lay some ice cubes. I grabbed a random towel in the laundry basket and threw in a couple of ice cubes before running back to Erica.

"Here. Should this be better?" I asked, placing it on her foot. She winced, but then nodded, offering me a weak smile. "Good. Now I'll go get help."

"Help?" Erica asked. "Are you nuts? This whole house is swarming with people ready to kill us."

"But your leg is in a horrible condition," I replied. "That's bad. I heard a crack."

Erica stubbornly refused. "I'll...be fine."

"Right. That foot is going to kill you before SPYDER."

"The door's locked," she reminded me. "How will you get help?"

I exhaled. "That doesn't matter. Well, it does, but you need medical assistance."

"I'll be fine," she repeated. "Seriously."

I shrugged. "Okay."

She tried to move, but then ended up wincing in pain. "Okay, I surrender. Your way," she said.

I knelt down. "Is there any other way in which we can get out of here? Do you have any more nitro or anything else that could possibly bust us out?"

"No," she admitted. "Those guards took my utility belt and left it behind when they chloroformed me. If I had it with me now, I would have been able to give you something."

"It wasn't the guards who chloroformed you," I replied. "It was Murray Hill."

Erica frowned. "Murray?" she asked, disappointed. "That jerk couldn't life a potato unless it was a bag of potato chips."

I smirked. "Yeah. But Murray was with someone else. I don't really know who."

Erica winced once more and sighed. "All right. We're going to have to try and find another way out."

"We?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm going to walk. Or at least, attempt to walk, more like a limp."

I stared at her. "You've never broken a bone before, have you?"

She smiled. "Actually, I have. But this doesn't hurt as much. It's probably just a crack, or a hairline."

"So you can walk?" I asked.

"Hopefully," she answered. "Can you take the ice off?"

I did, and noticed that the swelling had significantly reduced. Erica took her leg off the pillows and slowly lowered it.

I helped her up and she stood on one foot, her hand gripping my shoulder as she hobbled next to me.

"So, how are we getting out?" I asked. "You got a plan?"

"There has to be some way out," she said, looking left and right as we slowly walked around.

That's when something came to my mind, and I stopped in my tracks. Erica didn't, and she slammed her injured foot right into my knee.

"Owwww," she groaned. 'Next time, tell me before you stop," she groaned, gripping my shoulder so hard her knuckles turned white. I was pretty sure my skin had reddened under my shirt.

"Yeah, sorry," I said. "Anyway, can you, um, loosen your grip on my shoulder?"

She did and I sighed in relief. "Okay, why exactly did you stop in the first place?" she asked.

"Piper was telling me about a hot tub outside her house. To enter it, you needed to take a side entrance down to the backyard, or you could just use-"

"The basement entrance," Erica finished. "Why didn't you come up with this earlier? You could have saved me a broken foot."

I nodded. "Yes."

She leaned forward a little too fast, shoving her foot in the back of my knee, then groaned in pain.

"I can't take this anymore," I grumbled, and then, in one swift move, I placed my other hand behind her knees and picked her up, bridal style.

I did not just-

Erica's POV

He did not just-

Ben's POV

She stared at me blankly. "Did you just-"

"Yes. You look so horrible when you're in pain, but you're so breathtakingly beautiful when-" I stopped. "Oh dear lord. Did I just say that out loud?"

She laughed. "Yeah. Yes you did. Anyways."

"Right. Let's find the door," I said. "We're getting out of here."

I've updated a lot. I feel accomplished. Anyways, have a wonderful day!