Chapter 59

Naomi's pov

I grabbed Colby's hand as we walked onto the beach, my heels in my hand.

"Hey Jordan!" I said with a smile on my face. "Oh my god Naomi! How've you been?" He asked, hugging me tightly.

"Good! This is my boyfriend Colby! Colby this Jordan, my cousin!" I said.

"Hey, nice to meet you!" Colby said, shaking Jordan's hand.

"Nice to meet you too dude!" Jordan said.

"Ok! Well we're gonna go sit down and meet some more of my crazy family!" I said before taking Colby and taking our seats in the second row behind my grandparents.

-not much later-

We all stood up and watched as Jasmine walked down the aisle with her father. I smiled as she walked down, tears filling my eyes.

Seeing Colby in his nice clothes, bonding with my family, it makes me think of if we ever got married. I know it's too early and our one year is coming up but I just love him and I can't imagine my life without him.

I grabbed Colby's hand and he smiled at me, giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

We sat down and I felt my bra wire stab me. Ow mother fucker!

-after the ceremony-

We got to the reception hall and sat down at a table with some of my family. My aunt chose the seat next to me and I stood up and greeted her, hugging her tightly.

"And who is this handsome boy I've never seen before?" She asked looking at Colby. Colby stood up and shook my aunt Janes hand. "I'm Colby, Naomi's boyfriend!" He said smiling.

"Well I'm Jane! Naomi's aunt! It's wonderful to meet you Colby!"

"It's great to meet you too Jane!" He smiled.

We sat down and I talked to my aunt while Colby went to go get us something to drink.

"When did you and Colby meet?" My uncle Jason asked.

"Oh! Well my friend Jake used to be roommates with Colby! I went to hang out with Jake and me and Colby just hit it off. We were talking for a few weeks and then I asked him out by giving him a note card in his Taco Bell." I laughed.

"So, you asked him out like a teenager would to homecoming?" She asked, sounding a little disgusted.

"I mean yea, is there a problem with that?" I asked confused.

"It's just, I thought you would be a little more mature since you're an adult, not a disgusting teenager!" She said right as Colby got back and sat down.

"Yea I am an adult! That means I can make my own god damn decisions! I don't need you to judge me on how I asked my boyfriend out bitch!" I barked making her gasp.

"You do not talk to me that way young lady!" She said, very angry.

"Don't talk to me like that then! I wouldn't be where I am now if I didn't ask Colby out, and he still has the Taco Bell bag and card because it means so much to him that he kept it and framed it and hung it up in his bedroom. I did not go though hell and back to be happy just to have you ruin it all!" I was mad, I was infuriated, I was fucking pissed!!

"I'm gonna go sit somewhere else. I can't bear to be near all this disrespect!" Jane spat before standing up and walking away. Her husband Jason smiled and nodded at me. I turned to Colby and gave him an apologetic look.

"Don't be sorry mamas. You were sticking up for yourself." He said, draping his arm over my shoulders and kissing my forehead.

"Thank you bubs." I said with a smile on my face.