37

"I love you."

Taehyung almost pumped a fist in the air. It felt like a weight was lifted off his chest. He really said it. He had said it before, but after that... His body just wouldn't let him say it again. He was ecstatic.

Jungkook's eyes shot open. His serene exterior completely washed away as he hopped up. He didn't even care that he was naked and covered in gunk. Taehyung said it and that was all that mattered. His eyes were beginning to water.

"You mean that?" Jungkook's voice wavered as he spoke.

"Jungkook, I love you so damn much. If I could tell you that I love you every single second for the rest of our lives, I would."

"That's a bit much, don't you think?" Jungkook sniffled.

"Not when it comes to the way I think about you."

Jungkook hopped back on Taehyung's legs. He was sticky and disgusting but Taehyung didn't mind. Taehyung was infatuated.

"God, you're gorgeous."

Jungkook couldn't stop smiling.

"Why don't we take a shower?"

————

jimin
psst tae
taehyung
taehyungie?
when are you going to take ur brother home
he's starting to get on my nerves
i'm trying to hang out w hoseok ugh

taehyung
sorry for replying late, i was taking a shower
wait ur hanging out w hoseok??
whatever, i'll pick hyung up in a bit
where are u?

jimin
my apartment u little shit
get over here ✋😩

taehyung
okay! i'm coming lol

jimin
oh and namjoon wanted u to go down to his office later

taehyung
why lol

jimin
idk man but i'd suggest doing it lmao

taehyung
ight... seeya then

————

"What was that?" Jungkook asked, a towel draped over his head as he dried his hair.

"Oh- it's nothing. Jimin just wants us to go pick up Jin-Hyung."

"Oh. Is he annoying them?"

"Oh, yeah, absolutely. He's definitely pestering them."

Jungkook giggled.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile in turn. Jungkook seemed to be making him fall deeper with every smile, every touch and every crinkle of his eyes. Taehyung wanted to reach out and cup Jungkook's face, smother him in kisses and with all of his love. But then he realized he hadn't even popped the boyfriend question yet. What was he thinking? It would have to wait, though, because he had to go pick up his brother.

"Are you leaving now?" Jungkook said, waving a hand in front of Taehyung's face. "You spaced out, sorry."

"Don't worry, baby. But yes, I have to leave now."

"O-Okay." Jungkook could feel his face burning up. Every time Taehyung called him any pet names, he just felt so small. "C-Can I come with you?"

"Of course. You can say hi to Jimin and Sergeant Jung, too!"

"Jimin and Hoseok? Yes!"

"You guys are on a first name basis?"

"Yes...?"

Taehyung seemed to have missed quite a bit. He waved that off, shaking his head. Gesturing for Jungkook to follow him, he slipped on his coat and shoes by the door.