Chapter 6 ~ Reunion?

*Disclaimer: I do not own the Kane Chronicles, Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series and its fictional settings, characters and story line. This is merely a Fan fiction written for my and the readers enjoyment. Due to changes made, this story now covers the timeline from The Lightning Thief to The Crown of Ptolemy. Magnus Chase and The Trials of Apollo are not included.*  

Chapter 6 ~ Reunion?

Annabeth Chase

     There was a very good reason why electronics weren't allowed inside Camp. The reason was today shown to the campers as an example... The usual mornings at camp was supposed to be of birds chirping, the smell of strawberries in the air, the laughs of campers and satyrs as they start their morning.

     But today, it was filled with shouts and battle... I was one of the demigods who managed to get our armor on in seconds and was now fighting a mob of Empousai who were most still in cheer leading uniforms from different schools nearby despite summer having started.

     Thunder and lightning rang through the clear morning sky and incinerated an Empousai to dust and causing hair on my arms to stand up. Probably one of Jason's tricks...

     The mob had gathered sometime in sunrise and clawed at the barriers in the hill. The guards stayed back thinking they would go away but they decided to attack the pine tree, forcing us to go all war on them.

     They were fast and agile with claws sharp enough to shred human skin in the blink of an eye, the only chance we had against them were to kill them instantly.

     I used my invisibility cap to duck between the demigods and empousai to stabs them randomly and once in a while get successful kills. But even as I fought I wondered at the back of my mind why I haven't seen Percy in the fight. He wasn't the person to stay out of a fight... And I couldn't see him in the crowd of reinforcement below the hill.

     Then I remembered he had dawn guard duty, maybe the seaweed brain had fallen asleep... After half an hour of struggle, the last of the Empousai were reduced to bronze dust, we proceeded to scatter them with out feet across the hill.

     Piper sneezed "Aww, I hate monster dust..."

     She sneezed 3 more consecutive times before retreating into her cabin. I peeled off my armor along with my siblings in my cabin before heading off to the Mess hall for breakfast, I looked at the Poseidon table for Percy, expecting him to be dozing off there.

     But at the blue table, only the two girls were there with half asleep Kristina brushing off dust from Adelene's hair. I approached them "Hey, have you seen Percy?"

     Kristina shook her head "Percy took the dawn guard duty at the forest... I didn't see him."

     Adelene shrugged "I was on guard duty too but, I didn't see him."

     The old fear resurfaced. Like a deja vu I remembered years ago when I woke up one morning and Percy had disappeared, taken by Hera. The panic suffocated my chest as I tried to calm myself down. He wasn't gone, the stupid idiot must have fallen asleep in the forest.

     Then Adelene and Kristina started to argue about something as I walked out of the Mess hall towards the forest where Percy was supposed to be. It was obvious somebody had been idle. The grass was flattened in one area and some blades of grass were sliced in half or crushed. Some were even tied up in knots.

     I looked into the forest where nothing seemed unusual. I slowly walked towards the forest where the air clung with an eerie feeling. I was about to enter the thicket of trees when a hand suddenly touched my shoulder.