Chapter Eighteen

Past

Lydia's Pov

Age Six

It's my sixth birthday and I'm soooo happy! I'm six now! Only four away from double digits! 

I giggle as everyone sings happy birthday to me. Everyone is here! My bestie Carli, Henry and all my other friends! But mommy and daddy aren't here....I start to feel a little sad but I smile anyways. 

I blow out my candles and open all my presents. My favorite on is a My Little Pony play set. My Little Ponies are my favorite toy! It has Rainbow dash, Pinki Pie, Rarity, Minty, and more! (The old Mlp, not the new ones. I know Rarity, rainbow dash and pinki pie are part of the new one but they also existed when the old one did too.) 

After the part is over and everyone leaves I walk up to Henry and ask, "Am I old enough to know about Mommy and Daddy yet?" 

Henry's expression turns gentle. 

"I'll tell you when the time is right, sweetheart," he says. Disappointed, I nod and go to help clean up from the party. 

Six years later(Age 12)

It's the day before my twelfth and I'm excited! I go down stairs for dinner and we both sit down. Henry is quiet, that means he has something important to say. 

I look up at him and wait. He sighs. 

"I think you're old enough to know," he says. 

"About my parents?" I ask with hope. He nods. I'll finally know the truth! I wonder if it was a car crash? Or a fire? Maybe they both did something bad?    

"You're mother," he pauses as if the memory is hard for him to remember. "She loved you so much. But she died giving birth to you," he says. Tears fill my eyes. 

"And my dad?" I ask. He looks angry for a second but then it's gone. 

"He disappeared one day," he tells me. It's nothing like I expected to hear....

I try to hold my tears back but I can't. Henry gets up and walks over to me. I hug him. 

"Do you wanna watch a movie in the living room while we eat dinner?" he asks. I nod. 

Henry hardly ever suggests we ear in the living room. 

Mom and dad. She gone. But dad.... 

He's not. 

I just know he's not. 

I'll find him one day! I swear I will! 

I'll bring him home! Then me, dad and Henry can all live together! I smile at that thought. 

I go up to my room after the movie. It was Bridge to Terabithia. It's good but a bit sad at the end! My teacher read the whole class the book and then we watched the movie. It's been my favorite move ever since. 

I look around and spy my stuffed animal collection. Walking over to one that used to belong to my mom, I grab the fluffy, purple bunny and hug it. 

"I'll find you, dad. I promise!" I whisper. 

I have two pictures of my mom and Henry together and one of my mom and dad. Henry doesn't know I snatched it out fo the trash one day. I have it hidden carefully. 

I know their names. Darcy Hart and Joey Drew. I know my dad used to work at a cartoon place and made cartoons. Bendy is my favorite cartoon because he's the one who made them.