22

JANICE WALKES THROUGH the supermarket throwing random stuff into her cart

JANICE WALKES THROUGH the supermarket throwing random stuff into her cart. once she was done her total was around four hundred dollars. she got her stuff into her cart and drove back home. she tried to carry all of her stuff but a bag ripped and dropped her bananas and avacados. a young man probably a couple years older then her picked them up and helped her carries bags to her apartment. he picked the stuff on her counter and put his hand out to shake hers.

"i'm ryan, nice to meet you."

"janice, sorry i'm a mess right now i moved in today." she shook his hand.

"there's no boxes though?" he looked around confused.

"moved from seattle, didn't bring anything with me. i just got all this furniture today."

"i see, i'm sorry this is really weird but do you like have any gay friends? i'm looking for a boyfriend but i don't know anyone, and those dating websites sketch me out." he asks and ends it with an awkward laugh.

"as a matter of a fact, i do, his names josh hold on i'll pull up a picture of him." i get josh' instagram out and show ryan.

"wow, he's so cute oh my gosh."

"yea, i'm actually having him and a couple other friends over tomorrow for dinner, you're welcome to join us?"

"actuslly, id love that. i'll bring some wine." he offers.

"sounds good, be here at 6 tomorrow, and give me your number." i give him my phone and let a small laugh out. he puts his number in and gives me my phone back.

"ok, i should go now. see you tomorrow."

"okay cya, thanks for helping me with my fruit!"

"no problem." he let's a laugh out and closes the door. i put all my groceries away and get into my new bed in my room. i couldn't help but think about anthony, i was never gonna go back to him no matter how much he tried or how much i wanted to, he broke me. i finally fell asleep and woke up at around 11 in the morning. chase and josh would be here around 4 and ryan would be here around 6. i haven't told josh about ryan and i told ryan to hit on josh without me having to tell josh he was gay. i was having chase, josh, jaden and bryce over for dinner. me and bryce have never really talked so hopefully we could become friends.

it was 3:30 and i was ready just waiting for everyone to show up. we were having chicken breast on a side of rice with fried asparagus, i hope everyone likes it. ryan was bringing wine and josh was bringing dessert. once everyone got here bryce offered to help me cook and i was surprised but told him he could. i told them we would be waiting until 6 to cook and they kept asking why but i didn't wanna tell them. after two hours of socializing ryan finally knocked on the door and josh got up to answer.

"uhh hello?" josh said confused at why the man was at her door.

"hey i'm ryan, janice invited me here for dinner."

"oh well hello ryan, come in." josh let him in and shut the door behind him.

"here's the wine janice, hello everyone i'm ryan, janice' neighbour we met yesterday." he introduced himself to everyone.

"i'm josh, this is bryce, chase and jaden, and you already know janice."

"ah so you're josh?"

"yes, why?"

"nothing, no reason."

"ok then." josh let out a laugh.

"come on bryce. get over here and show me those cooking skills of yours." jaden had a look of jealously on his face while watching the two laughing and cooking together. he was talking to chase while ryan and josh really hit it off.

"dinner is served." bryce said to everyone and janice laughed, even though nothing was funny. the laugh that could make jadens heart ache with love. after everyone ate their we're conversations coming from everywhere and ryan mentioned he had board games at his place and if he could go get them. everyone agreed and he got monopoly and twister. they decided to play twister first and after 30 dreadful, home aching minutes chase won. and after that they played monopoly for 4 hours, which chase won again. chase and josh and jaden all got into the car they came in and ryan went home which left bryce and janice alone together.

"hey so i really don't wanna drive all the way home, can i stay here tonight? i can like sleep on the couch." bryce asked sounding nervous for the first time janice had heard.

"totally! i'm not gonna make you sleep on the couch like a dog, we're big kids we can both sleep in the bed."

"okay great, i'm just gonna go pee and then wamma watch a movie in your room?"

"yeah sure, i'll get snacks, do you like coke?"

"yes ma'am" he said before entering the bsthroom. janice got a bowl of pretzel sticks and grabbed two bottles of coke from the fridge. they both got in the bed and under the blankets.

"what movie?"

"how about... scream?"

"oh my gosh that's like my all time favourite horror movie." janice fangirled over his movie preferences.

"aww, me too!!"

they turned the movie on and bryce and janice both posted on their snapchats stories. she got a chat from jaden but decide to ignore it.

"ugh, tiktok room reposted our snapchat stories, like people can't even have friends."

"i know right, it sucks, drama drama drama."

"i knowww, jaden commented though, 'bryce is going for my girl i see' so you're jadens girl?"

"not that i know of." i laughed. we both turned off our phones and watched the movie, halfway through we ran out of snacks so bryce went to get more , when he was gonna he got a text.

jane: baby i'm sorry, please anthony meant nothing. don't leave me for that slut janice.

wow ok. didn't know i was a slut but ok, i put bryce' phone back when i heard footsteps coming back. he didn't suspect anything but scoffed when he picked up his phone.