Chapter 5

Eddie's pov

I'm standing at school with Bill, waiting for the others, when I hear a group of kids laughing as they approach. I look over and see my friends. And Richie. The minute my eyes land on him and his tilted coke-bottle glasses, my lips form a huge smile.

"Hey, Eds! How you doing?" Richie yells, jogging over. My face flushes slightly red as I shake my head.
"Im fine. And don't call me that." I say, looking down.
"BITCHES THE TRASHMOUTH IS FREE!" Bev yells, following Richie over.
"W-what are y-you t-talking about?" Bill asks confused and I nod in agreement.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh-" the fiery redhead starts and is cut off by Ben.
"Richie can hang with us now, he's out of the gang finally." Ben says, cutting his gi- his bestfriend off. Wait what?! How?? My grin grows wider as I finally look up.
"H-how the f-f-fuck did y-you pull t-that o-of-f-f." Bill stutters out.

"Oh uhhhh. Richie?" Stan says. Is he hiding something?
"Hey, I'm Richie Tozier, I'm bisexual and I used to be part of the Bowers gang but thank god I'm not anymore and hopefully I could be a loser." Richie says, holding out his hand for us to shake and glances at me almost looking nervous.

Why is he nervous? Wait did he just say he's bisexual??? I look over at Bill and his jaw practically drops. So I'm not hearing things. Holy shit.

"Y-you're gay??" Bill says in disbelief.
"Well, no-" Richie starts.
"No didn't you hear him idiot, he's bisexual." I cut him off and Bill's face flushes a light red.

"S-s-s-sorry." Bill says, looking down.
"Aye it's alright Billy Boy. So you guys don't hate me?" Richie says, almost looking hopeful. Wow the Richie Tozier is soft.

"Of course, we could never." I say, smiling.
"By we, we mean Eddie." Bev says smirking.
"Hey!' I shout, shooting her a glare.
"Yeah we still hate you, Trashmouth." Stan says, chuckling.
"Whatever you say, Stan The Man." Richie says. God he gives everyone the strangest nicknames.

"Guys we gotta go get ready for first period before we're late." I say.
"Eddie, we still have 20 minutes" Richie says.
"LETS GOOOOOO" I say, pulling his into the school.
"E-Eds-" Richie says as we approach my locker.
"Yeah?" I ask as I open my locker. "Wait, do you have to go to your locker??"
"Oh, uh. No. I have gym first." He says.
"Oh ok. So anyways, what's up?"
"Uh you're kinda still holding my hand." Richie says and I look back at our stands and realize. I immediately let go.

"Sorry." I say as we're both blushing furiously.
"Hey, Eddie!" A girl from my English class calls out, walking over.
"Hey, Anna." I say, slightly smiling. Anna was around my height, with red hair, bright blue eyes, and a huge smile. She always wore sweaters and skirts. She's really nice and we get along well. Though she gets along with everyone. She's one of the smartest in our class.

"You ready for English?" She says awkwardly glancing at Richie. There's still 5 minutes until class.
"Yeah, can't wait. We have to finish our project today that way we can get extra credit, I need it to bring my grade up." I say, smiling at her. "Oh, sorry. An, this is Richie, Rich this is Anna." I say introducing them.

"Nice to meet you." Richie says, holding his hand out for her to shake. She hesitantly accepts and shakes it. I can tell he's really making an effort.

"Well, I gotta head to gym, see you in math." Richie says, walking off.
"Oh ok. Bye Rich!" I call after him and he looks back at me long enough to call
"Bye, Eds!" And then me and Anna walk off to english.

"So what's with that?" Anna says as we take our seats.
"What do you mean?" I ask, confused as I get a pencil out. "Oh, Richie?" I ask and she nods in reply. "Well, he's my friend."

"But he's part of the Bowers gang." She says, matter-of-factly.
"Not anymore. He got out as he's been wanting to. He's actually really cool." I respond and she just let's out a small 'oh' in response.

(Math class, still Eddie's POV)

"Hey Rich, how was gym?" I ask, sliding into the chair next to him.
"Boring as ever. Bev wouldn't shut up about B-"

"SHHHHHH" Bev yells putting her hand over Richie's mouth. Before Richie licks her hand "Ugh yuck!" She shrieks.
"About Ben" Richie finished, grinning triumphantly.

"Ooooo someone has a crushhhhhh" I tease Bev.
"Shut up, so do you." She says.
"Ooooh who does Eddie Spaghetti like??" Richie teases and I look away hiding my face from this horrifying situation.
"You see? That I cant tell you." Bev says, giggling as class starts.

"I'll figure it out one day." Richie says, sighing. If only he knew. He'd never look at me the same. If only he knew it was him.

(A/n: I just realized I haven't written in over a week so here's this.)