Chapter 3.

Two Months Later.

The crowd was bigger this week. I was a little more nervous than usual, but Marley had been working with me on getting over my fear. She was up on stage with me every time now and it felt great.

"Good Sunday morning, friends!" I greeted as I sat down. The cheers were loud and exactly what I'd hoped for. "It was a little rainy on my way in. Anyone else?" The groans and protests were enough for me. "Yeah, same."

I started playing the melody to Oceans. "I'm really basic and I'm really sorry about it, but I was feeling this one on Wednesday when we worked on today's list." I heard a few chuckles. "So, a couple months ago, I mentioned something about how I was eight when I gave my life to Christ. I got a message a few weeks ago from a woman who questioned whether or not I knew what I was doing when I did that. I replied to her, politely telling her that at that time in my life, I didn't believe in anything. No Santa, no Easter Bunny, and oh man, forget the Tooth Fairy. I had an incredibly boring life. Going to church was the only excitement I had besides listening to my parents yelling at each other all the time. Anyway, I told her that when I sang every Sunday morning, my chest would fill up with so much joy. It was something that I didn't know how to express at the time. I mean, it was like she said, I was only eight. But even at eight, I understood that someone, somewhere, somehow, had put us on this Earth and for what? Just to be here? No. We're here and we're worshipping God and his son, every single day." The crowd cheered. "God gave us the ability to praise him and regardless of what I'm going through, I know he's got me. He made us and put us here and we have to be able to give him credit for that. So, here's Oceans, but with a twist, because, like I said, I'm basic and God gave us a little rain today."

"You call me out upon the waters, the great unknown where feet may fail, and there I find You in the mystery, in oceans deep my faith will stand."

I continued on, Marley joining me. Then she started to sing You Make Me Brave. We continued on with the combination of the two songs. Listening to the crowd get into it, with the lyrics on the screens behind us, made me smile. I'd have to add in another one that I really liked.

*

"Thea!" Erik grabbed me after worship.

"Yeah?"

"Where did you find that melody?" He asked.

"Uh, Caleb and Kelsey. Caleb is in Anthem Lights. Why?"

He chuckled. "It was great!"

"Thanks! Marley and I put our own little twist on it."

"It was perfect. You're adding that to your setlist right?"

I nodded. "Mhm. Already on there."

"Great. Go enjoy the service."

"Okay." I found Marley in the hallway and we found seats in the back of the room, up top.

As Pastor John gave his sermon, I pulled my phone out when I saw it blinking blue. I had a Direct Message on Instagram from Lauren.

From Lauren: Thea! I just watched a live from Bethel's Instagram! Great job this morning! Francesca and I are so excited to have you on tour with us this fall!

To Lauren: Thank you, Lauren! I'm so excited!

From Lauren: Good! I'd love to catch up with you when I'm back next month. When are you free?

To Lauren: All I ever have scheduled is worship team practice. So, any time besides those!

From Lauren: Great! I'll let you know when I'm in town!