Chapter 10.

Tuesday.

I walked into church wearing jeggings, a loose but dark colored shirt over a black sports bra, a gray cardigan and my black and white converse. My hair was up in a messy bun and my backpack was loose on my back. I didn't arrive early and I went straight to the worship team meeting with an iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts in my hand.

"Good morning, Thea." Kristine greeted me.

I waved. "Good morning." My feet carried me to my normal chair where I pulled out my notebook and pens.

Charlie walked in a minute later in his normal attire and went to the front of the room. He got his stuff set up and then looked out at everyone. His gaze met mine longer than most and he smiled softly.

I smiled back and then took a drink of my coffee.

"Alright. Good morning, everyone." He spoke softly. "The list for Thea's tour band is on the Google Drive Document. Please ask her if you have any questions about it."

Lisa raised her hand. "Charlie? Or Thea, I guess?"

"Yeah?" We both replied.

"Why isn't there a guitarist yet?"

Charlie and I shared a look and he raised a brow at me. I sighed and looked at Lisa and the others.

"I'm still deciding on a guitarist. It's not because the people I have on my list aren't good. It's because I have someone in mind but I'm scuffing my feet about it. He'll be asked today though so, there'll be an answer for that soon."

Lisa nodded. "Okay. Thank you for being honest."

"Of course." I smiled.

The room went quiet and Charlie's gaze was on me. I didn't know what to do besides keep the stare.

"A quick side note," he cleared his throat, "um, I broke things off with Thea last night."

I sat quietly as the room reacted. "It was amicable." I added after a few moments. "No one in particular was at fault."

"Thank you for the update." One of the drummers spoke up.

"Yeah. That was really mature to let us know." Another added.

"You're welcome." Charlie and I said together.

I smiled at him. "We're still friends. It just wasn't meant to be."

Charlie nodded and smiled back. "Okay, moving on."

After the meeting, I waited for the room to clear before I walked up to Charlie. "Hey."

"Hello." He grinned. "You look comfortable today."

I nodded. "I have a bit of a drive today so I didn't want to feel constrained. I'm realizing now I could have changed later but-"

"No." Charlie stopped me. "You look good, is what I meant. That looks good on you."

"Oh," I smiled, "thank you."

"You're welcome. I'll pray for your drive to and from Sacramento." He smiled softly.

"Thank you, Charlie."

He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. I hugged him back, leaning my head against his shoulder.

"Alright. I gotta go practice." I told him.

"Okay." He whispered and let me go.

I walked out of the room and straight to the sanctuary. I climbed up on the stage and sat at the piano.