Could This Really be It?

I look around hurriedly as I put my shirt on halfway not even buttoning it as I look around and spot Aiden running towards us. He ran up to us and asked us if we were fine , to which we replied that we were. We then heard thumping footsteps on the roof and then heard two large thumps on the ground right outside the sliding glass door that was currently covered  by a curtain. The glass suddenly shattered, sending glass flying at me Kody and Aiden. We all moved quickly and we all dove different ways and avoided the glass flying towards us. As soon as I hit the ground I knew something bad was about to happen. I looked back at Kody and I saw him for a slight second before something blocked my view. I looked up and all I saw was this giant scarred ware-dog. I quickly got up and transformed into my werewolf form. I snarled and it slowly backed up and its word were like venom as it spoke.

"You'll be coming with us no matter what, so you might as well just give up now", it said as it started creeping up on me again.

"Over my dead body!", I yelled back as I charged the new opponent head on. I bit into its shoulder junction and tossed it into the counter completely destroying it. I looked over to see Kody and Aiden running out of the house full sprint. I turned and followed and as I looked back I saw the house I once called home topple to the ground. It was engulfed in flames. How did I not see that? What would have happened if I didn't follow after them? Where was Sherry and the others? Just then Sherry ran up to us in her wolf form.

"Everyone managed to get out in time before the house fell. How the hell did this happen? How did they set the house on fire without us even sensing it?", she said as she looked back at the house.

I suddenly felt weak. What the hell was happening? i'm 17 and yet nothing that just happened even makes close to any sense. I looked at Kody as tears formed in my eyes and I looked back at the house. But then I opened my eyes as I came to the realization. 

This is my fault.

I put them at risk, all because of my powers?

I need to leave here, now.

But what about Kody?

I looked at all of them as tears went down my face.

"This is my fault, I-I if I wasn't here they wouldn't have ever attacked you guys and burnt down your home..", I soon trailed off as Kody ran to me and hugged me like I've never felt before, I broke down we both went on our knees. The next few moments I don't think i'll ever forget. He slowly lifted my head up and caressed both of my cheeks.

"None of this is your fault. We've had people after us for years now, they just saw you as an added prize", he said. His voice was so calming. 'What did I do to deserve this boy' I thought. But as soon as I locked eyes with him something amazing happened. Both of our eyes glowed, and suddenly a mark of unity appeared on our hands. Tears streamed down my face as I kissed him like it was no tomorrow. I pulled away and smiled slightly and i looked up to see him staring at me with a slight smirk on his face. 

"What do these marks mean?", he asked. 

"They are something used to track your mates well being, it will tell me if your in pain or sad and it will tell you if i'm in pain or sad as well. It's common among my clan once mates reach the second stage of courtship", I explained.

"Whats the second step of courtship?", he asked a look of confusion clear on his face.

"Well it's simple really_", I started to say but I couldn't, because as soon as I tried to talk, everything turned black...

-----------------------------------

Hello everyone! how are you? I hope you all are safe and healthy during these hard times! I hope everything gets better soon, school is out finally so I can now focus on this story! thank you for all the support I love you all so much have an amazing day/ night lovelies :) <3