Chapter 22-Ophelia

After four weeks of being on house arrest because of my knee, I'm finally able to walk without crutches, but the doctor said no strenuous activity for another two weeks...

   That means no hunting trips.

   But that doesn't mean I can't leave the bunker at all.

   I grab the keys to the Cadillac and yell back to the boys, "I'm going out!"

   Sam comes out of the hallway and watches me walk up the stairs.

   "Where?" He asks.

   "To the little cafe down the road." I tell him.

   "You can't even drive." He retorts.

   "Yes, I can, and I have a fake driver's license, so.." He sighs, giving up.

   "You got a gun on you?" He asks.

   "Always." I smirk, opening the door and walking out. I unlock the car and hop in.

   After a few minutes of driving, I park in front of Lucy's Diner, the retro-looking exterior making me smile at the memories I had with Katie at the one down the street from us.

   I walk in, the bell tinkling quietly. I walk up to the bar, sitting down and ordering a bacon burger and vanilla malt. While waiting for my order, I look around my surroundings, watching for anything suspicious, out of habit. Just then, the bell rings and in comes two red-headed girls, one of which is a familiar face.

   "Charlie?" I call out, the older of the two whipping her head around towards me with scrunched eyebrows.

   "Maddie? Hey, how are you?" She asks, walking towards me. I stand up and greet her with a hug.

   "I'm great! Sort of." I look beside her to see a younger version of Charlie.

   And damn she's hot.

   "Oh! This is my little sister, Ophelia. What do you mean by 'sort of'?" She asks.

   "Hi, I'm Madison. Charlie's a friend of my dad's." I greet. She quietly waves back.

   "Hey, I'm your friend, too. Just because I'm older than you doesn't mean we can't be friends." She teases. I roll my eyes playfully.

   "Anyways, dad had me on house arrest for four weeks because I dislocated my knee." I tell her.

   "And now I can leave the house, but I'm not allowed to go on hunting trips for two more weeks."

   "That sucks, dude." She says, sitting down next the seat where I was sitting.

   "How's uh..." I'm about to ask about her hunting, when I realize her sister might not know about it.

   "Oh, Ophelia knows. I'm training her." She says, answering the question I hadn't asked.

   "Oh, sweet. So how's the hunting going?" I ask, the waitress placing my food down in front of me.

   "It's going good. Killed a couple vamps the other night." She responds.

   "A couple vamps? Try a whole nest." Ophelia says.

   "Damn, way to go, you two." I smile, nudging her side before stuffing my mouth full of burger.

   "Umm, Maddie?" Charlie asks. My eyes drift to her, a concerned and panicked look on her face. Her eyes are locked on something, so I follow her gaze to the TV in the corner. My face is plastered on the news channel.

   "Why is that my face?" I whisper-yell at them.

   "Excuse me, could you turn that up?"  Charlie asks the girl behind the counter. She does so.

   "She was last seen leaving her house, covered in blood five months ago with these two men. Inside this house, her mother and best friend were found gruesomely murdered." The lady says. My eyes widen as I look at Charlie and Ophelia, the same look on their faces.

   "These men are her biological father Sam Winchester, and his brother Dean Winchester. They are suspected of kidnapping Madison. Both are violent offenders wanted for identity theft, assault and battery, and Dean Winchester has a warrant out for suspected murder. If you see either of these men, do not approach them. They are dangerous. If you see them, call 911 immediately."

   "We gotta get out of here." I mutter. I dial Sam's number. He immediately picks up.

   "Hey, Mad, you okay?"

   "Umm, we got a problem."