Chapter 3: What is Well Deserved

Three Years Later

Dick's POV

It's been three years since I created The Circuit. I have not shown my face to a single soul since I escaped and the loneliness I feel is almost suffocating.

I consider the members of my organization as family. Every single one of them. I know all there is to know about all of them and would trust each and every one of them with my life.

However, they know nothing about me in return, yet they trust me blindly. I would be lying if I said it wasn't painful to hide my true self. They see an emotionless leader.

Deep down I'm still a sarcastic prankster and a full time badass.

---

The Circuit's conductors, or the leaders of the factions within the organization, were all gathered on Tetepare. Each one in charge of keeping a different sanction safe.

The island had grown into a high tech city. It was a glamorous village protected by a cloaking device. In short, it was basically a mini Wakanda.

The main tower stood tall and proud in the center. The building had black tinted windows and my Nightwing symbol adorned the front. It looked down over the once small settlement the same way Wayne Enterprises did Gotham.

On the floor second from the top, below my office was where the meeting was held. The room had few decorations aside from an elegant long table and the many chairs scattered around it.

I took my place at the head of the table. My best conductors, spies, and the closest people I could even consider calling family sat closest to me.

Starfire, Beastboy, Cyborg, Raven, Terra, Rose Wilson, and Cheshire.

They were all dear to me for reasons they have all yet to learn. Starfire, Beastboy, Cyborg, and Raven all remind me of my younger self as Robin in different ways. Meanwhile, I can relate to the pain Terra, Rose, and Cheshire have gone through being forced into a life of evil.

As everyone filtered in they quickly took their seats. All a little anxious because this urgent meeting was called so last minute. I was looking over a few papers, and the others took this as time to catch up before the meeting began.

Although, it was mostly Cyborg and Beastboy arguing about meat vs vegetables while the girls provided them with disappointed looks.

Sometimes I swear I'm working with children.

I put my papers down and stand from my seat, silencing everyone immediately. I have to admit, their eagerness to hang on my every word does a thing or two to my ego.

"I have some good news that I would like to share with you all." I proclaimed with a visible edge of happiness in my voice. They looked at me with evident shock on their features. Damn, I guess I show less emotions than I thought, but this is important so they better get turbed.

"Wait! Dudes! Is Nightwing happy!?" Beastboy screamed in utter disbelief.

Usually someone would have scolded him for screaming, but the others were too stunned to do anything. I decided to ignore it and tapped the devise in front of me. A holoscreen appeared before me, nearly bringing everyone back to reality. Nearly.

I continued on anyway. "It has been two years since the mercenary Deathstroke the Terminator, also known as Slade Wilson, was confirmed deceased." Everyone scowled at the name. Each having their own reason to despise the man, Rose especially.

"It has been one year since the virus I developed whipped out all existing Talons." They all gave small nods at this, some soft smiles.

"And, finally, it has been exactly eighteen hours sice the last loyalist group of the League of Shadows was reported terminated." Everyone's eyes widened.

"T-They are the gone!"

"We did it!"

"We won."

"After all this time."

"We completed our main objective..."

Everyone froze at that last comment. Taking down all of those people were the reasons The Circuit was formed.

"W-What does that mean? Is it done? Is it over?" Beastboy yelled worriedly. This organization had become a home to so many. Shutting it down would mean orphaning so many.

"Is The Circuit just... done?" Cheshire asked with a similar worry that did not fit her personality.

"Absolutely not." Everyone released a breath they didn't know they were holding at my two simple words. "There are still villainous psychopaths out there, and we just started doing off world missions for crying out loud!" They were once again startled by my use of emotion.

"However," everyone stiffened awaiting terrible news, "I am in need of a break."