CH.18

(Oh Gee, mayhaps a proposal? Also some inferred homophobia but nothing is actually said)

Life went on. Sure there were hard times and finals kicked our asses but we survived. I was almost done with college for computer programming while Jeremy had graduated in graphic design. I lived with my parents for a good amount of college but since I had some money saved up from my job, I was able to get a small apartment. I did some computer programming, though when I graduated, I would be searching for larger work. I also worked at Barnes and Nobles as more of a side thing. I was waiting until I got bigger jobs in computer programming. I was actually doing pretty well for myself. I had asked Jeremy to move in with me and he agreed. Moving in with Jeremy felt almost no different. We had been together basically all of our lives. It was basically a sleepover that never ends. Jeremy, along with some small graphic designing jobs, worked at the local grocery store and I would visit him quite often. Jeremy once mentioned a coworker who he thought was flirting with him and I came in the next day and the look on her face was everything. One of Jeremy's other coworkers who I was decently friends with started dying of laughter. The coworker never hit on Jeremy again. We were still friends with our highschool friends. We still talked pretty often. No one moved too far away, which was great. Chloe and Brooke went to Massachutes, Christine moved to New York and was still in a relationship with Julia. Julia was going to art school somewhere in Rhode Island so they worked long distance. I don't know how they made it work but they did. Jenna, Rich and Jake all decided to stay in New Jersey. Jenna moved to a different town but it wasn't super far away and she came to visit whenever she could. They said that even if it wasn't the best, they had no real reason to leave. Jake, Rich, Jeremy and I all hung out a lot. Rich surprisingly wanted to be a teacher and Jake wanted to be a doctor with athletics being on the side. No one expected that at all but it was nice to see Jake and Rich going out of their comfort zones. Jeremy and I have been together for 5 years at this point and it's been amazing. We were having a date today. We were going to the aquarium and I was super nervous. Today was the day I was gonna propose to him. Since Jake and Rich had already gotten married, I asked them to help me. Rich teased the hell out of me for waiting so long, which led Jake to slap in the arm. They were both happy to help though. While Jeremy was at work, I called Jake and Rich to go ring shopping with me. They gave me a lot of choices but I vetoed all of them. None of them felt right for Jeremy. I was losing all hope when Rich pointed out a gold band with some carvings. It was simple but something that seemed special.

"This... this is it."

Rich looked super confused.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I don't know... something about it just sticks out."

He shrugged.

"I just never expected that it would be me that would find the ring. Kinda thought it would be Jake."

"Well, I guess you are the ring genius." Jake said as he kissed Rich on the forehead.

So I ended up buying the ring. Sure, it cost a bit but it was worth it for Jeremy. We would have to travel an hour for the aquarium but Jeremy really wanted to go.

"Remember when we were younger and we went on vacation together?"

"We did that kinda often babe, which time are you referring to?" I asked as I got into my car.

My classic PT cruiser bit the dust a couple years ago. I kept searching for a newer model but I couldn't find one. Jeremy kept insisting that even if he loved the PT cruiser, to buy another car. I agreed but was heartbroken by it. My PT cruiser was my thing and I didn't have it anymore. I got a Chrysler. I wasn't very knowledgeable on car brands so I had no clue how good it actually would be but it worked nicely.