Chapter One

Jackie sat at her desk in the office, transcribing notes from her small journal, to her type-writer. Jackie had been working for the Washington Times Herald for a few years, working as the Inquiring Photographer.

Jackie was a hard worker, and would spend hours interviewing people on the streets, and even sometimes working after hours to keep on improving her column and articles.

"Jackie, look!" Her co-worker, Patricia, squealed.

"Hmm?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"It's the candidates for the 1960 election!" Another one of her co-workers, Marge chimed in.

"So?" Jackie added, focusing her typing.

"There's Jack Kennedy!" Jackie rolled her eyes. Him.

How can anyone like him? Sure, he's good looking, but he's just so... arrogant.

"Okay? I'm happy for you?" Jackie responded back.

"Jackie, how can you say that? It's the Jack Kennedy!" Patricia headed over, pulling Jackie to the small office television set to watch the candidates smiling and waving as they landed down in D.C.

"Uh, pretty easily." Jackie responded.

Patrica rolled her eyes. She was always the hopeless romantic, always drooling over some new star masculine figure every week.

Marge looked at the office clock, before asking, "How about we go for lunch? It's almost 12:30, and I'm starving."

"Works for me." Jackie responded, heading back to her desk, and grabbed her wallet.

The group of three waved to their boss before Marge called out, "We're heading out for lunch!" He nodded, waving his hand back in response. He was on the phone, so he put his hand over the mouthpiece, before calling out, "Be back within the hour!"

The group of three flew down the stairs, and out to the streets.

"Where should we go?" Patricia asked.

"I don't care, I'm not picky." Jackie responded with a shrug.

The group began to walk down the street, passing by the occasional cafe and diner.

"What is everyone in the mood for?" Marge asked, who seemed to be the leader of the group.

"Again, I'm down for whatever." Jackie replied.

"I could go for soup and salad." Patricia responded.

"Works for me." Jackie added.

"Then it's settled, we'll do one of the local café's in the area." Marge said with a smile, leading the group down the street towards one of the local shops.

After walking for a little while, the group finally entered the little cafe shop.

The small shop was warm and inviting, especially after walking in the raw cold for a few minutes. The smell of roast coffee hit Jackie's nose, and the group got in line.

After placing their order, the group took a seat. Patricia took off her scarf, while Jackie removed her gloves. Jackie noticed in the corner of her eye, a newspaper from a rival company. The title read,

John 'Jack' Kennedy, The Newest Bachelor, or Our Next President?

Jackie rolled her eyes, and shook her head.

"So, Jackie. What's your issue with this, 'Jack' Kennedy?" Patricia asked, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Uh, a lot, actually. I don't get what you all see in him." Jackie stirred the honey into her tea.