Level 19

SFx: Kiss Me, 18 by 5SOS
How it began?

Let me be honest. I will still try to deny my feelings no matter what.

I could still remember that first dream I had. When I was looking for myself, soul-searching and standing on the shore, barefoot on the sand. In that dream, there was a glass building reflecting the blue of the sea. Square pillars and monuments scattered in front like decors and people used them as picnic grounds.

I dreamt of it when I was in Singapore and he chatted with me everyday.

A lot had happened since then and I was confused whether he was more than a friend to me or not.

It was Thursday when he came back after so long. I was getting used to it, hanging out with other guys. But he came back saying he missed me. He embraced me tight just as I did and he kissed my head and my cheek. He made me sit on his lap and made me put my arms around him. He told me I could kiss him just like I did in his dreams.

But it wasn't that Thursday. We ran out of time ⌛️ and I was afraid I might not see him again.

Not until came Friday.

Honestly, he was grumpy and I could not tell which side of him I was seeing. I know his deepest darkest secrets. He trusted me with it. And so I must understand. But he showed up last Friday, 29th of March. His mind is so fickle he thinks like a girl. One second, he was cold and grumpy, the next he's clingy. But he showed up alright. It's those little surprises that thrills me. A little bit of hope and light amidst his darkness. I wanted to be his light, someone who will guide him to a better path. And he'll be my counselor, the one who gives me advice. I know that when it comes to life, he is wise. In short, we must help each other. And somehow, he completes me. He is so beautiful, you see, and I would never, can never afford to lose him. I'd still say we are friends. Even though sometimes it doesn't seem like it. Even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it because it feels more. It's all so exasperating but breath taking at the same time, thrilling like a rollercoaster ride, rising as if flying and falling into his arms, stomach all topsy turvy 🦋. Time slows and heartbeats fasten ♥️.

That was how it felt when I got my first kiss, a kiss 💋 we both thought could only happen in our dreams, for me a daydream and for him in his sleep. He dreamt of it twice and told me about it. It must have been stuck in his head.

It was the week after that Thursday afternoon. I asked him to come in, to help me fix the guitar 🎸. I know how much he loves music 🎼 and I wanted his music as well.

At first he declined. Saying he can't go. I had no choice but to let him be. Telling him maybe next time. I thought he was annoyed of me again. Even because he had a fight with his crush. I just wished he can see that I am here for him. If only he chose me. Perhaps he'll realize that maybe I'm the right one for him. Maybe I'm the one.

She can never love him the way I do if she doesn't feel the same way in the first place.

But I hope he'll see the truth. That he shouldn't be wasting his time on her, instead he should be with me. Somehow, I think that his feelings can still change. His feelings could lean towards me and I hope that something would be starting now. That maybe this is the answer to my questions on why he suddenly behaves like that.

I was surprised that he arrived. His eyes stared at me, telling me something, something more than the words that came out from his mouth. Yet, I heeded those words because I thought it would be fun.

We went out, just the two of us and since I didn't want to keep him waiting, I had to rush. I even forgot to bring extra money. And he didn't want me to go out in my short shorts. He wanted me all covered.