Chapter 2: Embarrassing Fathers

"Lead the way," he said.

 Why had I asked him to sit with us again?

He's a goddamn hottie that's why. 

 Nico, we do not let Will's looks blind us. Nico, discipline yourself.

Apollo, huh? The drama queen had exemplary genes. 

"Hey! We should sit in the back! I'd rather not get close to Zeus when he starts throwing lightening." Will says and shudders, thinking of a bad memory.

I shudder.

Loud crashing noises, rocks falling, Mama's screams echo in my ears. Lightening, a sharp flash in the midnight sky. Rain pouring down. 

Nico! Happy thoughts! We are not going down that rabbit hole again. 

"Sure!" I replied, shaking myself out of the stupor and hoping that I sounded as cheery as Will looked.

Will walked ahead of me, searching for something. 

Hazel nudged me hard in the ribs and made furtive goo-goo eyes at me. 

Glaring at her, I asked with a scowl, "Why'd you do that?"

"I saw the way you were looking at him and boy, he is literally the personification of the sun on your shoulder. Admit it, Nico he might be your soulmate!" Hazel squealed.

I had to admit maybe Hazel was right maybe he was my soulmate. He had openly flirted with me without an ounce of shame. 

"Guys, I wanna introduce you to everyone!" Will shouted and we noticed that we had almost lost track of Will so we hurried up to go catch up with him.

He stopped near a girl wit tanned skin, green inquisitive eyes, and black hair that hair that had a purple streak running through it. Next to her, stood a freckled guy with brown hair, distinct vitiligo, and a mischievous look in his eyes. 

He introduced us to them "Lou Ellen, Cecil, this is Nico di Angelo and his sister Hazel Levesque." 

"Nico , Hazel, this is Lou Ellen and Cecil. Cecil can be a little annoying sometimes. Just wanted to warn you." Will said to us, rolling his eyes for dramatic effect. 

"Hey knock it off. Stop telling lies to people," Cecil complained, slugging him in the shoulder.

"Hey that hurt Cecil," Will complained rubbing his shoulder. He looked at me looking sympathy but I gave none except a playful expression. 

Abruptly, a boy barged down in the middle of us. Way to ruin the moment jerk. 

"Who is he?" I whispered into Will's ear. "That's Luke, he's Cecil's older brother." he whispered back to me, his hot breath felt warm against my cold skin. 

"Oh-" I got cut off by this loud booming voice. Again, rude. Can I not have a full conversation with someone anymore?

"Nico di Angelo, I told you to not to go near Apollo boy," a stern voice reprimanded me. It was my father in his "I'm trying to be an authoritarian but also am an absentee father" voice. The son of a bitch couldn't decide to completely disappear from my life and spying on me. The two-sided bastard. 

He drags Hazel and I by the fabric of our clothes to the corner and scolded us, trying to make a spectacle out of the whole debacle. He claims that Apollo is the only dramatic one here but he clearly needs to look in a mirror. 

"Never do that again, don't talk to him or his wretched father. You hear me?" he demanded in a threatening tone that it would have been stupid to not say yes.