Lies and Explanations (Nico)

Will was hyperventilating. He was breathing rapidly in and out while I looked worriedly above him. I thought back to what helps during a panic attack. It clicked a steady beat that would help a person calm down. Hurriedly I brought Will's clammy palm onto my chest and he slowly listened to the thumping of my heart.

He started to take longer and longer breaths. Soon he was breathing at a normal rate but his eyes were watering dangerously. I hugged him gently holding him close to me as he sniffled quietly. "Tell me, Will," I said. "On one condition," WIll answered. "Okay, name it," I said. "You tell me," Will said. I froze. Would I risk it? No, I couldn't tell him, or else all would be ruined. "I'm sorry but I have to go," I said quickly getting up and went into the corner. "Goodbye Will," I said and Will opened his mouth to speak but it was too late I had already shadow traveled away. I was back in my room in my father's mansion. 

I paced the room wringing my hair. I groaned miserably. How did I mess this up? I flopped tiredly on my bed. Someone knocked on my door. "Come in," I said. "Hey, Nico," Hazel said. "What do you want?" I asked in an annoyed and pissed off tone.

"Gosh, I just wanted to help cheer you up, Nico! Don't get all annoyed now!" Hazel complained. "You're right, I'm sorry Hazel. I'm just a little confused now," I explained. "What happened?" Hazel asked sitting on my bed. "Well I kinda just messed up everything with Will and I'll never be able to talk to him again," I said in a dejected tone. "Tell me what happened,"  Hazel demanded and I sadly recounted the day's events to her. "Well, I think you should go to Will and explain it to him. He is your soulmate and he deserves to know."

"But how can I explain why I ran off tonight?" 

"Well, you have to find an answer to that. Tell me what happens," Hazel said and left the room. I groaned in exasperation. How the hell was I going to explain?  I groaned again. So that night I spent the rest of the night watching rom-coms and eating ice-cream my comfort food.