Chapter 10

"Anyway.." He trailed off.

"My name is Anti.. what about you?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

'This is strange.. he's being really friendly.'

"Mary.. my name's Mary." I said quietly, pulling the blanket around my mouth.

"That's a pretty name." He said, grinning slightly. Showing the sharp fangs that he had in the corners of his mouth. "I heard that you're wondering where you are." He stated.

"T-thanks.. and yeah, kind of." I answered.

"Well, you're in my house.. in a spare bedroom, actually." He said.

I nodded.

"I'm sorry for asking.. but why didn't you keep cutting me last night..?" I asked.

His eyes widened slightly, and looked away.

"That's.. that's beside the point." He stuttered.

"Why does it matter anyway? Aren't you glad?" He asked.

"Yes.. but most of the time, no matter what I say, I get tortured." I said, looking down at my lap.

His breath hitched, but he didn't say anything.

After a long pause, he finally broke the silence.

"Would you like something to eat..?" He hesitantly asked.

I flinched at the question, getting queasy just by hearing the word, 'eat.'"

"N-no, thanks." I stuttered.

"But if you don't want to cook, I can make you something, though." I offered.

"No, don't worry about it." He answered.

"You sure are being awfully nice to a kidnapper, ya know, Mary." He stated, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry. This sounds weird.. but out of everyone that has ever spent time with me, you've been the nicest of them all." I said, embarrassed.

I looked back up to see his eyes widened and that his eyebrows were raised.

"Oh.." He trailed off.

"Please stop saying sorry, though, there's nothing to be sorry about." He said, looking at me sympathetically.

I just nodded again and looked down at my lap.