Part 10

I woke up to a stream of light escaping through the curtains onto my face. I blinked, trying to make sense of where I was. I sat up and looked around. Then it hit me. I was in Harry's room. I frantically got out of bed and started pacing the floor. What happened last night? Did we do anything?

Then my eyes flicked to the quilt on the floor. I remember now. Harry slept on the floor. I let out a breath of relief and opened the door.

I looked both ways down the corridor and there was no-one about so I quickly ran to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and sighed loudly. My hair was scruffy and all messy and my makeup was halfway down my face. I washed all my makeup off and put my long hair on top of my head in a messy bun. I hated wearing no makeup but my bag was in Harry's room. I opened the door again slowly and walked out. Straight into someone.

"Hey!" they shouted. I turned round and became face to face with Lara Tomkinson.

Lara looked me up and down with a disgusted look on her face. She must have recognised me from the pictures.

"Get dressed," she said with her nose up at me. I ran round her and back into Harry's room. Good, that must've annoyed her, I thought. I grabbed my makeup and quickly put my essentials on in the mirror on the wardrobe. I can't believe I'd just bumped into her like that. She must think I'm stupid or something. After my makeup I brushed my hair and left it down, curling on my back. I grabbed a pair of shorts, a tank top and my converse and quickly shoved them on. I looked at myself once more in the mirror making sure I looked a bit decent before going out the door. I heard Lara and Harry's voices so I followed them to where they were stood in the kitchen. Neither of them had seen me yet.

"Are you kidding me Harry? You let her stay over?! Are you mad?" she was shouting at him.

"Just be quiet Lara! She had nowhere else to go," Harry retaliated. I popped my head round the corner and they both looked my way. Harry's face relaxed when he saw me and he smiled. Then I saw Lara scowling at me.

I looked properly at her and started to notice flaws immediately. Her nose was too big for her face, which was long and rounded. Scowling wasn't a pretty expression for her. I looked at her clothes and she was wearing a grey blazer, work shorts and a pair of plain black high heels. I started to feel intimidated.

"Lara this is Sarah, Sarah this is Lara," Harry said.

"Yeah we've met," Lara replied coldly. I started to feel really uncomfortable.

"I'd better get going," I started.

"Yes that's a good idea," Lara butted in. I turned to her coldly and gave her my best frown. Harry grabbed my elbow and gently pushed me towards the door.

"I'm really sorry that she's being like this. Please just give me some time to sort this out, I'll ring you," he said. And then he kissed me slowly on the cheek savouring the moment. "I'm sorry," he whispered as he closed the door behind me.

Well that was my fairytale over. I knew that it had ended and that I wouldn't see Harry again. Why would I? I was a complication in his life and he was so much better off without me. I started to think about my life and the next big thing, Prom. I hadn't even got my dress or sorted my shoes out because of this mess.