Chapter 13

Why didn't you save me?

W-what? I d-did Mingi!

You didn't. I died.

I died, Yunho.

You didn't save me.

This is your fault.

BANG!

"Ahhh!!" Yunho shouted as he instinctively sat up on the bed, his hands fisting the blanket. Yunho takes a deep breath as he blinks his eyes rapidly, trying to adjust to the dark room before he yelps in surprise when someone hugs him from the side.

"Easy, baby. It's me." Mingi said softly as he pulled the doctor into his arms and caressed his hair slowly. Yunho huffed shakily, closing his eyes and buried his head in Mingi's neck. "Nightmare?" Mingi asked and Yunho nodded. "Wanna tell me about it?" Mingi said quietly, still caressing Yunho's hair. "I didn't get to save you.. Y-you died... It's m-my fault.." Yunho said quietly.

"I'm alive, baby. I'm right here." Mingi said as he kissed Yunho's head and rocked their body in a gentle sway. Mingi frowned when he felt that Yunho is still warmer than usual. "I think you need the wet towel now." Mingi said, making Yunho whine instantly. "No... It's cold..."

Mingi huffed softly and took his phone that he had put on the nightstand, looking at the time. "Oh, it's 3 am. You can eat your medicines now. I'm going to the kitchen for a bit, okay baby?" Mingi said, making Yunho immediately wrap his hands and legs around Mingi's neck and waist without a word and tightened his hold. "Baby..." Mingi said and Yunho shook his head. "I told you, you're not going anywhere without me anymore." Yunho mumbled.

Mingi sighed softly, kissing Yunho's forehead before he got up from the bed with Yunho in his arms and walked to the kitchen. Mingi tried to put Yunho down on the chair by the dinner table but Yunho won't let him go so he had to walk around in the kitchen with the big baby clinging to him. "Oh? Someone cooked porridge. I'll reheat it then." Mingi said as he found a pot of porridge on the stove.

"But I'm not hungry.." Yunho mumbled, making Mingi chuckle. "Are you sure you're a doctor, baby? You know how important it is to have your stomach filled with a bit of food before consuming medicines." Mingi said and he chuckles when he feels Yunho pout into his neck. "I don't care. I'm not hungry! I don't want to eat!" Yunho whined before he yelped when Mingi slapped him gently on his bum.

"You're eating this porridge. No buts." Mingi said. Yunho pulled himself away for a bit so he could look at Mingi. "What if I still don't want to?" Yunho said and Mingi instantly answered him, saying "No kisses and cuddles then."

Yunho widened his eyes and he stared at Mingi's eyes and when he knew that Mingi was telling the truth, he whined out loud and pouted. "Fine.. I'll eat it..." Yunho murmured, still pouting. Mingi smirked as he scooped the porridge into a bowl and grabbed a spoon before walking to the dinner table.

Yunho shifted a bit after Mingi had sat down and glared at the porridge making Mingi laugh at Yunho's antics. "Now now baby, it's not the porridge's fault. Don't glare at it like that." Mingi said as he scooped the porridge and brought it to Yunho's lips. Yunho pouted but he opened his mouth when Mingi quirk an eyebrow towards him and slowly munched on the porridge.

Yunho pursed his lips after a while, shaking his head and looking at Mingi with wide puppy eyes. "Come on baby, a few more?" Mingi said but Yunho shook his head slowly, his hand pressed on his lips as he took a few deep breaths slowly while his eyes tearing up a bit. Mingi saw this as a sign that Yunho might throw up if he pushed him further so he sighed and put the spoon in the bowl, pushing it away.