Chapter Twelve

Third Person's Point Of View

"Jungkook," Ariel spoke gently, letting Jungkook sit up by himself. "Who is Aubrey?" Jungkook swallowed and she hissed at Jimin to get him a glass of water.

"She was captured by Kane as well." Jungkook explained before Jimin could get back with the water. "He thought it would help persuade me into telling him information." Jungkook looked up at Ariel. "I didn't tell him anything, I promise."

"I know Jungkook." Ariel nodded. "You don't crack, I know your strength." The compliment slowly calmed Jungkook down, but his words were going to cause a panic attack.

"Kane threw her in my cell one day, a little beaten up, but nothing major." Jungkook began the story of Aubrey, his short lived love. "We talked together, finally a decent human being to, be sane with." Jungkook accepted the water from Jimin and took a shaky gulp. "Then they took her away one day." Jungkook frowned as he rocked back and forth, remembering the dreaded night. "If I wasn't chained, I could've saved her. She was fighting too, but she was just a teenage girl, walking by herself on the wrong night. They took her and left me, my head bleeding after a clean hit of a bat. She must've been in the room next to mine, because I heard, everything." He whispered the last words, tears welling in his eyes.

"You heard what, Jungkook?" Ariel mumbled, needing to know if they accidently killed the girl in the fire.

"They tortured her to death, trying to get me to spill something. If I did, she would be alive." Jungkook closed his eyes and put his head in his hands. "I heard her screams and, and her words, begging for me to say something....but I couldn't."

"Jungkook you look me in the eyes and you listen to me." Ariel growled and Jungkook slowly looked up at her. "Her blood is not on your hands, understood? You gave her a blessing, a last touch of humanity before she died. Kane killed her, not you. You gave her peace, understood?" Jungkook forced himself to nod, his lip trembling. "Let it out." She pulled him into a hug, allowing him to sob in her shoulder.

"Damn." Yoongi turned his back on them, running his hand down his face. "That kid really did go through hell." Hoseok turned with him, crossing his arms, frowning at the floor.

"He barely survived a kidnapping and torture." Hoseok looked over at Yoongi. "He did go through hell."

"Sir?" Ana spoke from the stairwell, rubbing her eyes and grabbed the attention of the two and Jimin. "I had a nightmare, I can't sleep." Hoseok and Yoongi looked at each other, not knowing what to do with a child. But Jimin knew what to do.

"Hey Ana." He held out his hand for her. "We have a surprise for you." Ana held out both arms instead and Jimin picked her up, smiling widely. "It was going to wait till morning, but I guess I could show you now."

"Blue!" Ana exclaimed and the dog ran towards the two, jumping for the little girl.

"He can sleep with you now and protect you from your nightmares." Jimin sat Ana down so she could hug 'her' dog. He silently thanked this dog for being so friendly to this child, even if he was just another dog. "You do have to sleep though Ana." Ana slipped her hand in Jimin's and he walked her back to bed, Blue curling beside her and the pair closing their eyes. Jimin smiled and closed the door, silently wondering if this was their old dog.

"Good night Jimin!" Ana whisper shouted before he shut the door, Jimin's heart fluttering in joy, feeling like a father-no, an older brother to this child.

But his joy ended when he heard glass shatter from down stairs and several gunshots. Jimin froze, standing in front of the doorway incase a danger came for the kids. He grabbed his gun once he heard footsteps race up the stairs. His flash light revealed it was only Taehyung, breathing heavily.

"Someone threw a brick through the window and Ariel shot at them." Taehyung explained as Jimin put his gun back in its holster. "It was too dark to get a good aim."

"Why?"

"There was a note." Namjoon was with them now, adjusting his glasses. "'Give up the kids and we will let them live.'"