Chapter 20

After the court session they went to have their lunch, Zhen Shi's face was gloomy, when the Emperor noticed that he decided to ask, he used one of his palms to caress Zhen Shi's chin softly.

"My Empress, are you alright? Why do I feel you are not happy? What is the problem?"

"............."

"Did you not hear my question? Or have I done something to make you angry?"

"My husband, it's about consort Ying Shi Li"

"And what about her? "

"......................Didn't you hear in the court that she suddenly became sick and lost her baby early this morning?"

"Uhu? And so? What does that have to do with your mood?"

Zhen Shi was beginning to get more angry at the unconcerned questions from the Emperor. He took a huge breath to calm himself down and said.

"Your Majesty, the baby she carried in her womb is also your baby, how can you be this unconcerned? "

Peng Qi withdrew his hand from Zhen Shi's face and resumed eating his food with furrowed brows.

"You are angry with your husband because of a mere consort?"

".......The baby she carried in her womb was your child too and .....You are my husband, as the mother of this nation shouldn't I be worried that my husband doesn't even show a bit of concern about such a huge matter?"

Emperor Peng Qi got tired of the Empress's nagging and shrugged his shoulders in defeat, he hated making Zhen Shi mad, if Zhen Shi is angry at him,then the food he is eating wont digest well.

"So, what do you want me to do now? The baby is already dead anyways"

"At Least pay her a visit, I am sure she must have been so heartbroken and in so much pain right now, a visit from you to her will at least help console her, I will be going there after this meal, I wish that you will go along with me."

Peng Qi can never win over his wife, if he wanted to be able to easily have his way with Zhen Shi later in the bedroom, then it's better he obeys his wife.

He took Zhen Shi's chin in his fingers again and raised it up slightly so that Zhen Shi will be staring right into his face and smile at him.

"OK..OK..Don't frown at your husband please, you know I hate this look on your face. I will go along with you to her quarters after this meal, are you happy now? Now can you smile for me? I can't eat properly if you keep been mad at me"

Zhen Shi finally felt a little relieved and smiled gently, his bewitching smile sent some echoes of happiness down the Emperor's heart and he leaned forward and kissed Zhen Shi sweetly. Zhen Shi's lips accepted him and responded softly, after they both stopped the kiss, they smiled lovely to each other and both returned to eat their food with peace and happiness in their hearts.

The servants who were waiting on them were very jealous of the love between their two masters and blushed from ears to ears.

Ever since their reconciliation, the Emperor never slept with any of the consorts or concubines again, some of them were jealous but still prefer he does not visit them with his beastly stomach appetite which almost killed them.

They were relieved and just lived their day to day life hanging out with their servants, playing games and visiting each other.

Zhen Shi and the Emperor have lived in harmony ever since then,they were simply inseparable, after courts they would eat and either go fishing at the pond at the eastern gate of the palace or they would go horse racing or hunting.