Chapter 3-A Good Change With A Twist

Since that day me Roc and Ray have been pretty close. Prince and Prod don’t bother me but I still get made fun of by other people. Roc walks me to and from school ever since that day. I’ve even had more confidence in myself, and I started dressing differently too. It’s been two weeks and it’s the month of October which means its Halloween. Since Marques’s birthday is two days before Halloween, he gonna have a Halloween party and since Marques is popular everyone is gonna be there so mom is busy with setting everything up. It’s Wednesday which means everyone in the music department has vocal training, dance lessons, recording sessions and practices for talent shows or upcoming concerts all day so we miss classes every Wednesday and we get to leave earlier. I got up and went to my bathroom, did my hygiene routine, got dressed, curl my hair into beach curls and put a black and went downstairs. When I entered the kitchen everyone was surprised to see me since it’s the first time in about five weeks they haven’t really seen me. “Girl what are you wearing” Marques asked me examining my outfit.

Urgh here he goes going all big brother on me. “I thought I needed a change in my wardrobe instead of dressing like I’m twelve” I said trying to convince him but obviously it wasn’t working.

“What’s wrong with dressing like a twelve year old” my dad asked sounding like he was afraid of losing his little girl.

“Well I think she looks adorable” my mom said.

I smiled because whenever mom says something its end of story. So when she said that they knew they had to shut the fuck up. The doorbell rang and I rushed to go get it but Marques got to it first. When he opened it I saw Roc standing there I smiled at him he smiled back. “Who this nigga” Marques asked pointing at Roc.

“A friend” I said grabbing Rocs arm about to leave my house but my mother just had to come to the door.

“Who’s you friend Kea” she asked

“What is this 21 questions, I’ll explain later but right now I gotta go, bye mom bye Marques” and with that I left the house.

“Nice family” Roc said in a sarcastic voice as we walked to school.

“haha very funny Roc”

“No but seriously they seem really worried about you” he said

“Well if your daughter locked herself in her room for weeks with no explanation then comes downstairs in an outfit she wouldn’t normally wear then leaves with some guy you don’t really know after having no friends for years, wouldn’t you be worried” I said, he just looked at me.

“Well you should talk to them about what’s going on in your life before they get the wrong idea about your change in attitude” he said

“Yea I guess you right, I’ll talk to them tonight” I said finally giving in to the fact that my family does deserve an explanation.

“By the way, I love the new look” he said smiling at me

“Thanks” I said blushing. He always knew how to make me feel good about myself.

We finally got to school and we saw the guys’ car pull up then we saw Ray get out. He smiled when he saw us. “Hey Kealynn, wassup Roc”. He said walking up to us and giving me a hug and doing that guys handshake with Roc.

 “Hey Ray” I said “wassup Ray” Roc said.

I could see behind Ray, Prince and Prod glaring at us like they wanted to kill you. I tensed up a little and quickly turned my head. Ray notice and turned around which made Roc look at what he was looking at. Roc pulled me closer to him by waist and whispered in my ear “don’t worry about them, I gotchu”.