Devil & Twins

A/N: Read and Review sweeties! <3

******************************************************************

The one day she needed Kathir to be elsewhere, is the day he is adamantly stuck in the shop. The crowd seemed to be never ending and the TVS 50 was still parked in its place, gathering dust.

Eppo pathalum antha ithupona vandi ye vechikita suthuvane ippo poyen daa! 

Mulla had positioned herself right behind the bug Bayan tree next to the Pandian stores. She had been hiding there for the past 20 mins hoping Kathir would get out, so she could finally spend some alone time with Jeeva.

To her luck, within five mins of her shameless praying, Kathir came down with a huge sack of grocery and started on his bike in the other direction.

Happa da, kadavul kai vedalai.

She hopped about to her favourite shop with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Hellooo ma- she drawled loudly, hopping at the entrance of the shop hoping to find Jeeva at the counter. But he wasn't. Kumerasean mama's unamused face looked up at her.

"Eey vayadi, vathutiya?" he grumbled. Her face fell, she came into the shop and stretched about, looking for her guy.

"Kadai la varumae illaya? ..verchodi iruku.." she asked him.

Kumeresan looked up at her with a knowing smile "Yaarume illaya, illa jeeva illaya? Yen engala patha aala theriyalai ya? "

Mullai gave a sheepish giggle and sat down beside him. He had sat down on the floor for his lunch and procedded to get his plate and started eating. She smiled, Mullai always admired how independent and self-reliant Kumerasean was, he never depended on anyone and never complained about that too. She had a soft spot for him and his one of a kind laughter.

She helped him put food on his plate. His eyes went soft at her action.

"Loosu ponnu, nee pakka vendiya aal jeeva illa la kathiru.." he said said.

Her inside tickled her. "Kathir ah?"

"Pinna, intha kudumbatha samalikarathuna summa va? Onnu onnum oru vitham, ana ellarum nala masam elaguna masanu, intha Kathir paiya irukanee, avan than morattu paiya, onnu pudikala nu mudivu eduthutan mathikamatan.." he took another bite.

"Jeevayum Kathirum irukukanuningale, rendu kootu kalavaninga, onnu yenna yosikum nu, rendum kaan asaiveilye purinjipanunga.. avlo jigiri dhosthu, ithula nee thambi ya pagachikitu annan kita pessa mudiyuma? Unnaku theriyatha avanunga eppidi nu."

He was right. When they were kids Jeeva was around 4 years older to him usually that was the cut off age for any friendly relation between brothers, but with Kathir and Jeeva, there was so much understanding and respect and love between each other they acted like twins at times.

"Serii, ippo athuku yenna panna solringa?.." Mullai asked, still confused with what he was getting at.

"Ada kirriki, mothala Kathir kita nala nadanthuka, avan mattum 'ama annan, Mullai nala ponnu than' nu certificate kuduthutan na, apram vera enna veenum, Jeeva othuka poran."

Mullai's face bloomed with realisation.

"Ad adada da! Enna yosanai! Periya aal than ninga, entha plan matum success agidatum, appidiye ungaluku oru ponna pathura vendiyathu than!" exclaimed Mullai.

"Hindi kara ponna paaru, inga irukurathaingala pathu pathu bore adikuthu" he said without missing a beat.

Her laughter boomed into the air.

She was walking back from the pandian stores, her pallu twisting and turning in her hands deep in thought.

Na avana eppidi thajja pudipan? Avan enna pathale kathuvane. Ithula avanuku enna pudichi, apram mama kita recommend panrathukulla, velangidum- paah noor ayasu-

The devil of her thoughts was standing right before her, giving a carton to a small snack shop. She took a deep breath and went into it, smiling as widely as she could.

"Hi Kathiru! Enna intha pakkam, delivery ah?" she went up to him and leaned on his bike.

He turned around to the sound of her voice, glanced at her very briefly before going back to counting the bundle of money he had received "Illa paatu pada vanthan" he said.

"Semma chillrai pola iruku" she joked without thinking and bit her tongue. Nalathu! Avan innum kadupe ethu.

He stopped and raised his eyebrows at her, sternly.

She gave a childish apologetic smile, "Ahiyoo, kathiruu na velaiyatuku sonna, kochikatha.." 

"Yamma thaiye, na ethuvum nenaika matan, atha vida romba mukkiyamana vellai iruku, nee motha po" he huffed out, she didn't understand how a person can have so much energy to be this rude to a girl he knew from his childhood. They were the same family right? More over they used to be good friends. She couldn't help it, she just wanted to throw him off as much as he did whenever he was rude and mean to her.

"Yenna mukiyamana vellai, maalika va sight adikiratha?" she she asked, with a sarcastic smile. Her eyes searching his face to find any emotion of being caught off guard.

He looked back at her with a blank confused face. She understood.

"Ada paavi, ava peru kuda theriyatha? Athan, nethi pacha dhavani, muntha nethi nella dhavani, athuku munthana naal vellai thava-

Kathir had stepped in to close the distance between them so fast she didn't even have time to blink. 

He forgot that there were actually very close to their own shop, or that they were out in the open. He couldn't help it. It irked him how she happened to wiggle her way into all aspects of his life. He wanted something to be his own. That girl in the bus stop despite not knowing her name, was the one tiny new aspect of life he could call his own, that girl looked at him, knew it, he had checked multiple times. Now that Mullai knows it he felt like she will render it to something he had to give up, just like his studies.. just like her.

Mullai was looking up at him, she too, forgetting that they were in the open for people to see. He has never deliberately come close to her. It was new. She liked it, him being forward even if he looked murderous. She couldn't help but wonder how every feather of his face seemed to be so well put together. She realised that Kathirvelan was a very very good looking..Man. 

"Unnaku theriyatha veshaiyathula mooka noolaikatha, ivlo naal annan ah torture panna ippo yennai ya? Etha pesirathukulla ingenthu poidu" he said in a low dense voice, anger so evident.

"Kathir, na thapa ethuvum solla varala, na un kita onnu pessala-"

"AII!" He shouted, she jumped away from the bike, he stepped back and went to the foot of the bike tieing the other stack of cartons securely. "Oru tharaiva sonna puriyathu?Eppo pathalum nochu nochu nu loosu maari pessikitum sirichikitum, vekkam mannam illa?,"- her eyes were starting to burn, a lump formed in her throat, her heart dropped at these words, but before she could react, her eyes fixed on something behind him. "athan annan unna pathu pathu odi poguthula, unnaku vera vellai illa? - eppidi-

"Ahiyoo kathiru! –"

Before he knew it he had been pushed to the side, by hersmall arms,  losing balance she had fallen on to him to unable to cope with handling his weight. They both fell with a thud and mixed with the earth.

CRASH!- 

≈TBC≈