Thangai & Thozhi

A/N: I hope you like this chapter, i wrote this in a day im sorry if its bad or has mistakes. but here you go read and review!

******************************************************************

Ahyioo ennalam ponnu nu sonna nambuvangala, naane namba matan!

She walked faster and then slowed on second thoughts and then stopped altogether. She shifted uncomfortably. She didn't even bring a big hand bag to pose as a cover. She was only one street away from Kathir's house. The heat of sun above was not helping her at all, she was already in exhausting pain. She eyed the street, wearily.

Vera vazhiye illa, abathuku pavam illa... Saintharam than aguthu avan veetla iruka matan...
.

.

Cha avan veetla iruka matan la...

She squirmed again uncomfortably, as she cursed herself for not being more prepared. The on-looker's eyed at her weirdly. She smiled reassuringly, and braved a walk to her only saviour she could think of. She went to Kathir's house pausing when ever she could and thanking god she decided to wear black today.

She reached their door step and peeped in, Dhanam was sitting at her usual pillar and cutting vegetables while watching the television. Mullai knocked at the door looking around the house. It seemed to be pretty empty. Dhanam turned to find Mullai hesitantly waiting at the door.

"Ai Mullai, va va, unnaku inniki call panalam nu irunthan, anniki pessunathu lenthu chithi pessave illa di-," she complained and look up to see Mullai stepping in and slowly towards the hall, her expression all nervous, hands firmly tied at the back "—enna di evlo neliyura?"

Mullai looked around , craning her neck the bent low to Dhanam "Kannan veetla irukana ka?" she whispered, urgently.

"Ellai yen yenna atchu?" Dhanam whispered too, bending low and humouring her.

"Pad venum ka, periods vanthuruchu nu nenaikuran," she said glumly, Dhanam made her turn around to check for leak, there was none. She shook her head ruefully and asked her to follow her to their room and rummaged the cupboard.

"Ponnu maari ah di nadanthukura? Purse la onnu extra vecha venama?" she scolded Mullai who grinned sheepishly, ' Ahyioo nanum ippidithan yennai thitumudichan ivangaluma?' and handed her one.

"Thanks ka!" she said and ran to the bathroom. 

It was a false alarm but her stomach still hurt so she figured it must be on its way. Happy that she was scared for nothing she, hopped her way back into the kitchen to request a masala tea.

"Varala ka! Thapichan.. celebrate panna ore tea podungalae" she asked smiling triumphantly.

"Ithuku celebrate verai ya? En di date lam nambagam vechika matiya? Ohn purse la oru pad thinuchi vechi irukan safetyku... ippidi ya iru...panga...?" Dhanam berated her, trailing off, though she was already boiling tea leaves. Mullai looked apologetic, she was never the girl who was organised and careful, if it weren't for her friends who helped her like Dhanam just did, she wouldn't have survived school or college.

"Ahiyoo athulan yennaku nyabagam ye irukathu ka... vantha ahiyoo vanthuruche nu aluthupan" she shrugged off, and came next to the stove, and smashed a piece of ginger and dropped it into the boiling tea. "Thalunga ka na podran..." she said, coming closer behind her. Dhanam didn't seem to hear her, she was standing rather rigid.

"Akka...?" called out Mullai, there was still no response. Truly scared now she leaned in over to Dhanam's shoulder and whispered "Dhanalakshmi?" very quietly in case, that did make her come out of her trance.