Nigavul & Nilamai

A/N: Parvathy isnt a villi but she isnt the understanding one too, I'm so nervous for this chapter because ive never written the elder characters fully so, forgive me if it bad or not up to the mark. also let me know how i can fix it hehe, read and review!

*****************************

He was pacing in the backyard, with his phone glued to his left ear and talking frequent peeks at the hallway. Phone ah vittu piriymatta, ana nerathuku phone ah edukavum mata..

The tone clicked.

"Hello?"floated in her voice, her hellos were always so different to her actual voice he didn't know why or how... it just was, she sounds regal and sultry for that second, then transform into a tinsel fest, the next.

"Ey, enga iruka?" he asks, not urgently enough to scare her, but urgently enough to get her attention, this was an all hands on deck situation...

"Friend veetla, yen?," she said cooly, then remembered the events of last night, "Actually un kita pessanum nu nenachan Kathir.. na nethu amma kita... "

"... kita kalyanatha pathi pessuniya?" he finished the sentence for her. She could tell he was in a good mood today, his voice was riddled with playfulness. Her brows furrowed together in puzzlement.

"Ama... unnaku eppidi..?" she asked, sitting a little straighter in the terrace of her friend's house.

"Avanga dhaam dhuum nu kathunangala...?" he probed again a tinge of playful banter.

"Amaa'n da..." she gave in dejected, and pouted, yesterday's plan was a fail. Actually she didn't even plan it, last night she just sort of blurted it out when he mom asked if she wanted another dosa...

In retrospect, she should have shut up and had her dosa, springing the marriage cancellation caused her a dosa to be cancelled...

"Theriyum..."

"Eppidi?"

"Unga amma kalangathalaye inga vanthutanga..." he said calmly, which was the exact opposite of what he would have been few months ago.

"Ahiyoo yo!", she exclaimed and pulled away from the wall of the terrace and covered her mouth with her hand in shock.  Her friend, who was next to her, jumped at her shriek. "Shit shit... Mani! Na apram varan.. seriya?," she reason with her friend who blinked at her at this sudden change in action. "Naliku pakalam..." she said in rush, tapping her friends shoulder in assurance, as she put on her shoes and ran down "Kathir ippovum annga irukangala? Enna panranga?" her voice filled with worry.

"Vera yenna, valakam polathan... ana ippa varaikum kathala..." he said, somewhat idyllic, now his mind was on another important question... Yaaru mani?

"Kavala padatha innum konja nerathula athuvum vanthurum..." she muttered, no no noo, she thought her father would have cooled down her mom last night, so she could try again tonight.

"Hahaha vaaiya vekatha..."

Why was he so cool about this!

Stupid Kathir, he had become way too calm and suave these days she almost missed the old one that was shy and erratic...

"Seri na tho varen okay ya, eppidiyathu unga athai ya samali..." she stressed on that word, to help him get to her level of flustered now, and sneakily cut the call before he could protest.

"Ai! ... vechita..." he observed as the whoosh of the telephone line stopped, leaving him alone in that blistering sun. he sighed and looked at the screen showing the call time, "Yaaru Mani?" he mumbled into the lifeless phone.