Rain & Glares

A/N: hope everyone is doing good, and that you guys still like this story, despite obstacles like maalika/ jeeva it gets better i promise heheh :)n PLEASE READ AND REVIEW i live for your comments i really do. <3

******************************************************

The weather in Kunnakudi was very forgiving that day, the smell of fresh earth was starting to raise from the ground. Humidity was settling in comfortably making everyone huff and puff shifting uncomfortably in their attires.

Jeeva's bike rattled into view and he got out of it and sauntered into the shop.

"Apa da neyum vathutiya... seri Rangan mama kooptu vitu irunthanru, na poitu vathuran, pathukonga da... varen mama" said Moorthy getting up from his usual seat at the cashier.

Jeeva and Kathir nodded in agreement.

"Seri da Moorthy... patharama poituva.." said Kumerasan, coming to sit back down on his chair, from standing at the counter for too long, stretching a little.

"Bank la inniki evlo kootam theriyuma...? Paaah mudiyala, eppovathu neeyum poyenda.." whined Jeeva at Kathir, sitting down into the seat in the cashier.

"Ahn Moorthy sollli kekekala, na solli kekala, ippo intha apporva sagorathan solli kekuranan nu pakkalam." snide Kumerasan mama, looking from Jeeva to Kathir who was stocking up a shelf in the display of things from the store room, which meant he was walking back and forth.

"Hiyoo yo, athukalam vera aalu paaru'nae..." said Kathir, not even looking up from his walk.

"Na sollala..." said Kumerasan raising his eyebrow towards Kathir, looking at Jeeva. Jeeva rolled his eyes at his brother's adamancy.

"Yen da, neeyum ithulam kathukita thane nala irukum.." said Jeeva raising his voice for Kathir to hear in the store room.

"Unnakum annanukum therija pothum ne! Appidi innum aalu venum na.." he said reappearing back from the store.

"Dai oru edathula ninnu pessu. Nee poitu poitu varatha patha yen kaluthu sulikikum.." scolded Kumeresan.

Kathir rolled his eyes at the incessant bullying from his Mama.

He turned to Jeeva, with a hand on his hip. "Innum aalu venum na! Ivaru rombaa vettiya irukaru, ivaruku solli kudu!" he said haughtily and walked back to the store room. "Adai! Yaar da vetti?!" exclaimed Kumeresan, while Jeeva gave a hearty laugh.

Kathir smiled at their banter. Bank and official jobs were not his forte. Ever. And he wasn't planning on mastering them anytime soon. Thinking of going to the bank always made his stomach flop weirdly, every time he thought about the lines and queues and having to talk to people to ask what  each and everything meant. What if they looked at him weirdly, wondering how a grown man was incapable of doing a basic job like this. God no. He shuddered at the thought.

He was fine here, working in the hustle and bustle of an everyday. Talking to the customers that range from retail workers to little children, that wanted to get a cool drink in between cricket matches with their saved-up money. This was his forte. He enjoyed this commotion, where he grew up. Where his dad would tell him the small, important ethics and rules of business.

Mullai ku matum namma bank'u ku poga bayam nu therinjithu, sirichi sirichi ye konnuduva...

Mullai had become a constant after thought theses days, ever since they talked so much at the madapam around a week ago. He liked to think that he had given the right amount of 'gethu' before surrendering to her disarming charms and smiles. And believe you him, he really did try not to think of what her reaction would be for every little thing that happened to him. From wondering if she liked tea as much as he did to wondering if her favourite song was still 'Mounamana Neram', when that song came up on the radio last night. She had some how managed to fog all his thoughts in the most minutest way... as long as it was minute it posed no danger right?...right..