Im Gonna Miss You Bub

LIZ'S POV
I was peacefully sleeping with my teddy bear son until I feel a pillow hit my head.
"What the hell man."
"Come on, Ive been up for like an hour already. If we wanna hang out you need to get up."
"Give me 5 more minutes."
"I did, 20 minutes ago."
"Alright fine I'm up. But my hair is still damp."
"Oh yeah, that rain was coming down hard."
"Yeah, now I need to change."
"Here's your bag and the bathroom is over there."
"Thanks bub."
I give him a kiss and I walk to the bathroom. I get changed and put a little bit of makeup on. I go back to his room to get the rest of my stuff. He was just sitting there on his phone.
"So, how long do we have until you have to be back at the arena?"
"If we leave in a few minutes then we have 2-3 hours to do what we wanna do. Then head to the venue."
"Alright, so what are we gonna do for a few minutes."
"This."
He pulls me into his arms and kisses me. We kiss for a while and when we broke apart, I was very very happy. We head downstairs to leave and his parents are in the kitchen eating some breakfast.
"Oh Liz, how are you?"
"I'm hanging in there. It's not fun but I'm trying my best to deal with it."
His mom gets up and gives me a hug.
"Well we are very sorry we can't stay in town for the funeral but if we can we can try to fly back for the day to come."
"Thanks guys, it will mean a lot to my mom and I if you can make it. We know how busy your schedule is."
"Yeah, well you two should head off if you guys are gonna do something. Just be at sound check at noon ok."
"Got it. Bye mom."
He gives her a hug and we head out. I decided to drive because I had my car with me and I knew I wouldn't be able to get home till after the concert that night.
"Did you put Paddy in my bag."
"Yeah, we should get him a shirt or something for fun."
"Oh yeah that would be fun. Let's make an extra trip to target."
"I'm good with that. It means Starbucks for me."
"If I'm gonna survive the day I need it to. Are you sure you can go in without a bodyguard?"
"Right, how about I give you cash and you get the shirt and Starbucks."
"I'm cool with that."
We drive up to target and he hands me some money and I run in. I first go to the little kids section and find a tiny shirt that would most likely fit Paddy. I find one with trains on it and it was perfect. I checked out real quick and then got Nick and I our Starbucks. I walked back to the car and I saw Nick playing with Paddy while I was walking back. I got in the car and handed him his coffee.
"That was quick."
"I say my history of Black Friday shopping showed me how to be fast in stores."
"You always know how to make me laugh."
"That's what makes me great. I'm like the comic relief that everyone loves in a story or movie."
"Your not wrong. So what should we do now?"
"Well I wanted food because I'm freaking starving, then I needed to stop by Sephora to get some concealer and waterproof mascara for her funeral so."
"Right, well I know a little cafe that we could go to."
"Put it into Google Maps and we are on our way."
I hand Nick my phone and he puts the address in and the directions show up. After a while of jamming out to of course, Jonas Brothers, we arrive. There wasn't any paparazzi yet, thank goodness. We walk in and take a seat in the back however closer to the door. The lady takes our drink order and we look through our menus. I find what I wanted and saw that Nick was still looking.
"What are you gonna get?"
"No clue, I think something simple sense I have catering after sound check."
We each order a salad and we talk for a while knowing we wouldn't be able to do this looking at each other for a while. Our food arrives and we dig in. I got a Caesar salad and Nick got a grilled chicken salad. After we ate, we went to the local mall and made sure there wasn't a whole lot of people around. We ran in and went to the Sephora. I found what I needed quickly because if I wasn't, we where gonna be seen or almost be late to sound check. I paid for my things and we booked it out of the store. We got to my car both of us out of breath. We look at each other and just break out into laughter.
"I'm still surprised no one noticed that you where there."
"I think that cashier knew I was. She seemed excited when she saw us."
"Probably, now we have to head to the venue or your gonna be late."
"Yeah, do you know where it is."
"No clue."
I hand him my phone again and he typed the address in. Soon after, we arrive at the venue. I had to head home so I could be with my mom for a bit then I would be back before they went on stage. I gave him a kiss and he headed inside. I made sure I had my VIP pass for later in my purse and headed home. I arrived home and my mom was on the phone when I walked in. I took a seat on the couch and went on my phone.
"Hey sweetie. Sorry, that was the funeral home. It's gonna be next week."
"Okay, so what did you need me to do."
"Watch a movie with me."
"Alright, but we might not finish it, I have an hour before I have to head back. I promised Nick I would be there before he got onto stage."
My mom turns on When In Rome and we watch most of it. I look at the time and see that I have to head out. I give my mom a hug and I walk out the door. I get in my car and put PIAD on (it's panic at the disco if you didn't know) and I jam out to it the whole way there. It was dark by the time I arrive, I put my pass on and saw Rob at the door.
"Good evening Rob."
"Hey Liz, come on, Nicks getting nervous that you won't show."
We walk back over and I see the boys getting ready to get on stage. I run over to Nick and hug him when he didn't notice that I was there. I could tell he was shocked at first then realized it was me and hugged me. I let go and gave him a kiss and they got into there boxes. We headed out into the audience in the front row and we got there just in time as the boys arrived on stage. After there two hour performance, there parents, Frankie, Dani and I headed backstage. Nick was in his dressing room packing up his stuff for the road. I knocked on the open door and he looked over. I walked in and he closed it.
"Nick, I never thought I would say this when I first met you but, I'm gonna miss you soo soo much."
My eyes start to tear up a little bit. He pulls me into a hug and wipes them away.
"I never thought we would be here the night you attacked me with a fork."
"Your never gonna let me live that down are you?"
"Nope."
We hug for a long time just enjoying each other's company. Then he gives me a kiss. It was better then I ever imagined it to be. We pull apart and it was time for him to officially leave. I pull him into one last hug and I start to cry. I tell him about the funeral date as we walk out hand in hand. He says that he's gonna try to make it even if it's just him but he couldn't promise anything. We arrived at the bus and I gave him one last kiss. He got on and that was it. I probably wasn't gonna see him for another month. Dani came over next to me with Alena in her arms and she gave me a hug.
"Why does this have to be harder then I thought."
"Because, it's called love."
————————
I hoped you liked it.
I know people who are there ages mostly don't sleep with there boyfriends or girlfriends but I wanted a special connection between the two.
(1518 words)