Ride 2: Voices

Kai enters the classroom the next morning, attending class as usual. He settles in and wait for the teacher to come. "Hey Kai." Miwa said. Kai nods. He inhales through his nose and loudly exhales it out. "What's going on? You seem worried." Miwa asked, concern about Kai. Kai shakes his head saying "There is nothing to be worried about."

The teacher enters and they started class. The teacher first start by saying "Alright students, please turn to The Rebirth."

"Huh?" Kai sounded. Miwa turns to Kai and ask "What's wrong?". Kai turn to Miwa and ask "What is the page number?" Miwa immediately reply "Page 78."

Kai flips the pages. His heart and mind is being tormented. What did he just heard?

It all started since yesterday night...Kai lay on his bed, attempting to sleep.

"The Rebirth Clan...Return to us, Kai!"A soft voice chants to Kai. Waking him up. He looks around, nothing of the unusual.

Kai walks out of school in a daze. Miwa runs over to him. "Hey Kai, are you going to Card Capital today?" Miwa asked, breaking Kai's attention. Kai replies "I don't think I am. I am dropping by Asteroid today. I was obligated actually."

Miwa laughs before saying "So he forced you to? He must be really wanting you to visit him. Say, you should spend more time with hin,considering you are together now."

"Hm!"

Kai leaves. He walk down the streets once more, slowly getting his way to Asteroid Headquarter. Upon reaching, Tetsu noticed Kai, he goes over to him and says"Hey Kai. Coming over to meet Ren?" Kai nods. "He is at the roof." Tetsu add.

Kai enters the building and takes the lift to the roof. Upon entering the roof. Ren sees Kai, waving at him. Kai goes over. "You finally came." Ren said as he hugs Kai. Asaka and Tetsu watched. "Ren hugging Kai..That could have been me."Asaka said sounding furious, as Tetsu stood beside her, they are at the roof as well.

"Well. Ren is the one that decides on who he wants to be with." Tetsu replied. Kai and Ren move away from each other's embrace. "Today is a special for us. Kai. For old times sake." Ren said as he pulls out his deck.

"Hm!"

Kai pulls out his deck as well. "Without you saying, I already know what it is. Today is the anniversary of our first vanguard fight." Kai said to Ren, which Ren nodded and reply " Yes, so let's see who is stronger. Do not hold back, Kai. Give me your best shot!"

"You too." Kai replied. They walk to the opposite side of the roof. A board appears in front of them. They place their decks and draw their cards. They look at each other...Kai closes his eyes....

(Imagine it)

"Now, stand up, the vanguard."

Abyss Freezer sits on Ren's field while Ambush Dragon Eradicator, Linchu sits on Kai's side. It's his turn. He draws a card and ride Eradicator, Demolition Dragon. He push his Linchu to his rear guard. He summons Eradicator, Strike Slasher Dragon and Brawler, Tokohson. "I end my turn." Kai said. He smiles. "Show me what you got, Ren." He said, egging Ren on. Ren smiles.

Ren rides Black Sage, Charon then he moves his Abyss Freezer to his rear guard. He summon Blaster Javelin. "Javelin attacks Strike Slasher Dragon", Trigger check, nothing. "Dragon Dancer, Agatha will guard." Kai exclaimed placing it in the zone. Ren moves on to the next attack "With the help of Abyss Freezer, Charon attacks. Checking. Nothing"

"I don't guard." Kai said. The Attack went through and Kai get a damage point. "I end my turn. Ha!" Ren tauntingly said. It's Kai's turn. "I stand and draw. I ride Eradicator, Thunder Boom Dragon, Brawler, Tokohson, moves to my rear guard. I then call Red River Dragoon. With Linchu support, Eradicator, Demolition Dragon attacks Black Sage, Charon. Trigger check. Nothing."Ren watches it unfolds and he reply "I don't guard."Ren, is dealt with 1 damage.

"With Demolition Dragon's Skills, Thunder Boom Dragon gain addition 3000 Power till the end of this turn. With support of Tokohson, Thunder Boom Dragon Attack! Trigger check. Critical trigger. Power goes to Demolition, critical goes to Thunder Boom Dragon. Attack!" Ren not being able to defend he says "I don't guard." Ren is currently in with 2 damages.

The wind blows, Kai and Ren looking at each other grinning, anticipating what is yet to come...

😍❤End of Chapter 2❤😍