Chapter nine

I was the beginning of leaf-bare and the freshkill pile was shrunken.

Bubblebreeze had made up with Mothtail again, and she was beginning to eat

with him again.

At dusk Bubblebreeze came back with a hunting patrol. She put a scrawny mouse on the freshkill pile, took one of the only juicy rabbits and took to the elders.

The elder's den felt bigger since Ravenfeather and Violetleaf had joined Starclan. But the apprentice's den was full, since Cloverpaw, Silverpaw, Mudpaw and Eaglepaw had joined Honeypaw and Acornpaw.

When she put down rabbit Fallowfoot looked up at her, half blind. "Thank you, young one."

Bubblebreeze nodded and tried to hold back a purr of amusement. I'm doing an apprentice's duty, he must have thought that I'm an apprentice.

Bubblebreeze backed out of the elder's den, took a squirrel and sat with Mothtail.

They ate together most of the time and they both enjoyed it.

When she finished eating, she trotted out of camp, heading for twoleg place.

When she reached Angel's fence suddenly a light brown she-cat appeared from another fence.

Bubblebreeze hissed at the she-cat and arched her back, but the she-cat didn't move a whisker.

Then the she-cat walked towards her, purring. "You must be new here," The she-cat mewed. "My name is Cuddles."

Bubblebreeze remembered that Angel said that a cat named Cuddles were her friend.

"Hi," Bubblebreeze meowed. "I came to visit Angel. Is she here?"

"Yes, she is." Cuddles mewed. "I can tell her that you're looking for her."

"Yes please." Bubblebreeze mewed.

She watched as Cuddles sprang over the fence, and a moment after came back with a white she-cat.

"Hi, Bubblebreeze." She mewed. "What's up?"

Bubblebreeze flinched as she noticed that Angel's belly was swollen a lot since she last saw her.

Angel must have seen her staring at her belly, cause she purred. "My belly has swollen because I'm pregnant!"

"Wait- what?" Bubblebreeze stammered.

"I know right!" She purred. "It's so exciting!"

"But who's the father?" Bubblebreeze wondered.

"Snakefang is, silly."

What in the name of Starclan does silly mean?

"Do you still meet?"

"No," She meowed sadly. "He's all the way across the territories."

Angel looked at Bubblebreeze's belly and her eyes lit up. "Seems like your belly has swollen a bit too." She purred.

Bubblebreeze was puzzled and looked down at her belly. Exactly as Angel said, it was swollen a bit.

"I didn't know that you and Mothtail mated!" Angel mewed happily.

"I gotta go!" Bubblebreeze said hurriedly.

"O-okay," Angel mewed. "Talk to you soon?"

"Yeah!" Bubblebreeze meowed.

Bubblebreeze raced back to camp as fast as she could, suddenly protective of her swollen belly.

She trotted over to Mothtail. "Hi," She mewed. "I have to tell you something."

Mothtail looked curiously at her. "Okay, I'll listen."

"I-" Bubblebreeze began. "I'm pregnant with your kits."

Mothtail's eyes lit up with happiness and excitement.

Bubblebreeze looked at him, not knowing how to react.

Mothtail just stared at her. "That's wonderful news!" He meowed loudly.

Heads turned to look at them, and Bubblebreeze felt hot under her thick leaf-bare fur.

Mothtail lashed his tail as a signal to say 'nothing to look at'.

Mothtail then turned to Bubblebreeze again.

"I'm going to tell my friends about this." Bubblebreeze mewed happily.

She trotted over to her friends.

"What's happening over there?" Speedyheart asked. "Why did Mothtail shout all of a sudden?"

"Well," Bubblebreeze mewed. "I just found out that I'm pregnant."

"Whaaaaat?" Owlfeather gasped.

"With Mothtail?" Speedypaw mewed surprised.

"Who else do you think it would be?"

"True." Speedypaw purred.

Some days passed, and Bubblebreeze's belly got bigger and bigger. She began not going on patrols because of her belly.

She already picked out an unused nest in the nursery, and put in some extra moss.

The sun shined, she sat outside the nursery and played with Juniperstream's two kits, Marshkit and Mintkit.

She was so excited to get her own kits one day.