Chapter Thirteen

*NOT EDITED*

Alpha Mason

"You alright?" Nina asked me.

We were sitting at a round table with several of Nina's colleagues. She was dressed in a red grown with her hair pin up and red lip stick. Since my fight with Hailee I haven't been able to focus on anything but her and that human scent that polluted her.

"I'm fine." I growled out.

"Listen if you didn't want to come, you didn't have to." She rolled her eyes at me.

Suddenly I felt bad for acting this way at her company party. "Sorry. Something happen at work and I'm just a little distracted."

To Nina's knowledge I was a CEO at a construction company which was true since I did own a construction company that many of the pack members worked at.

"Well don't be." She smiled. "Would you like to dance?" She asked.

I drank the last sip of my scotch, before standing up and taking her hand, "Lead the way." She smile as she stood and took my hand, she lead us to the middle of the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around my neck and I wrapped my arms around her waist, we swayed back and forth to Sam Smith's "Make It to Me".

"I love this song."

"Me to."

<><>

"When we first met, I thought you were gonna be a one night thing." It was after the party, and we were at her house on the deck drinking wine and gazing at the stars. "I had just broken up with Liam and I wanted to be single."

"And?" I wasn't exactly sure where she was going with this.

"I like you, and I don't want you being in other girl's bed."

"I like you to, but I wouldn't mind you being in other girl's bed." We laughed.

"Very funny. But seriously I wanna be...... exclusive."

"If that's what you want." I said.

"But the question is whether or not that is what you want."

Even though Hailee was my mate I still somehow had developed feelings for Nina. She was literally a breath of fresh air. She was funny and never took herself too seriously, she was everything I truly wanted in a mate.

"I want to be with you."' She smiled as she got up and came to sit on my lap.

"Good." She said before kissing me.

Luna Hailee

A month later...

"So you're dating a human boy that's not you mate?" Candice said with a look of disgust.

It had been a month since me and Peter started dating. While we never announced that we were dating we also never kept it a secret. People had suspicion that had never just came out and asked until now. 

"Candice put a sock in it. If Hailee wants to date Peter that's her decision and she doesn't need you judging her." Natalie said.

Natalie, always my Knight and Shining  Armour. 

"I agree. If she's happy then so should you." Emily said.

"It's not that I'm not happy that she's happy, it's just what is your mate going to think when he finds out that you didn't wait for him."