Chapter Ten

They sat there in the waiting room, waiting for the results of the tests.

"I'll be right back babe," Karly said.

"Okay baby," Luke said. She went to the bathroom and saw something and got out her phone and sent a text to Luke. Soon he was knocking on the door.

"Baby?!" Luke said.

"I'm here," Karly said crying.

"Can you open the door?" Luke asked. She opened the door and he came in and pulled her into his arms.

"What is it?" Luke asked.

"Something's wrong!" Karly said.

"The baby?" Luke asked.

"I think so," Karly said. He picked her up and carried her out and found a nurse.

"Need some help, my girlfriend's pregnant, something's wrong," Luke said.

"Karly? Luke?" Dr. Reagan said.

"Something's wrong, I'm bleeding!" Karly said.

"Let's get her to a room," Dr. Reagan said. They went to a room and Dr. Reagan examined her and ran tests and looked at them.

"I'm sorry, you are miscarrying," Dr. Reagan said.

"Oh god!" Karly said. Luke took her in his arms and held her close.

"I'm sorry to say this but we need to get her cleaned out to prevent the chance of infection, Luke, you can wait out in the waiting room, I'll come get you once we are finished," Dr. Reagansaid.

"Okay," Luke said. He kissed her forehead and stroked her cheek.

"I love you," Luke said.

"I love you," Karly said. Luke walked out to the waiting room where Rick was waiting. Luke sat down.

"Luke?" Rick asked.

"She was pregnant, but she lost the baby, my baby's gone," Luke said.

"I'm sorry," Rick said. Luke saw the envelope in his hands and looked at him.

"You got the results back," Luke said.

"Yeah, I didn't want to open them without her," Rick said.

"Go ahead, maybe she can get some good news if you are her father," Luke said. Rick opened the envelope and looked at the results and looked at Luke.

"I'm her father," Rick said.

"Luke?" Dr. Reagan asked.

"Doc?" Luke asked.

"She's out," Dr. Reagan said. Luke went to be with her and sat with her. Rick came in with him. Karly woke up and saw them.

"Hey," Luke said.

"Luke," Karly said crying.

"It's okay baby, it's not your fault, I love you," Luke said.

"I love you too," Karly said.

"He's got the results of the tests," Luke said.

"I'm your father, Karly," Rick said.

"Dad," Karly said.

"Yes sweetheart," Rick said. He sat down and hugged her. She cried on his shoulder.

"So much time lost," Karly said.

"I know sweetheart," Rick said.

"I want to meet my brothers and my sister," Karly said.

"Okay, I'll go home and you can come there," Rick said.

"Okay," Karly said.

"If you feel up to it," Rick said.

"I'll be okay, I just realized that it's not the end of the world, I can have kids when it's time," Karly said.

"But this one will be special to us in our hearts," Luke said.

"Our little angel above us," Karly said.

"I'll go home and tell Angela and get everyone together," Rick said.

"We will be there soon," Karly said. Rick hugged her and left. Luke sat down and hugged her.