Chapter Thirty Eight

Two days later, Karly was released from the hospital and Rick insisted she come to his house to recuperate so they can get to know each other better. She had met Angela, Ethan, Kenny, and Alyssa who welcomed her, Austin, and Eric into the family. Kevin got her named changed. They had a long talk and decided to end the marriage and remain best friends. They both knew their relationship had ran its course and it was time to move on. She hired him to be the staff photographer at the agency and her partner as well. Austin and Eric got her settled into one of the bedrooms.

"Thanks bros," Karly said.

"You're welcome sis," Austin said.

"Yeah sis," Eric said.

"I love you guys," Karly said.

"And we love you," Austin said.

"Always," Eric said.

"Hey guys, I have dinner on the table if you want to go eat, and Karly, your dad will be bringing you a tray as soon as he gets it ready, he's working on it now," Angela said.

"I could come down and eat with you all, I don't want to be an inconvenience," Karly said.

"We will help her down to the table," Austin said.

"I'll go tell him she's coming down," Angela said. They all went downstairs and Austin and Eric got Karly settled at the table. Rick brought her plate and set it in front of her and kissed her forehead.

"Thanks Dad," Karly said.

"You're welcome sweetheart," Rick said. Kyle, Ethan, Kenny, and Alyssa came in and sat down. Kyle was sitting beside Karly. Austin sat on her other side with Eric next to him. Ethan, Alyssa, and Kenny sat on the other side. Rick and Angela sat at each end of the table. They all ate dinner.

"Dinner was great, I love this, eating with my family," Karly said.

"Yeah we never really had this," Austin said.

"Our father refused to eat at the table when Karly was there," Eric said.

"Well that won't be the case here, when you are here, we all sit at the table and eat together, I will never refuse to eat at the table with my children, all of them, that includes you, Austin and Eric, you are my sons as much as Ethan, Kenny, and Kyle are," Rick said.

"We wish you were our real father growing up," Austin said.

"We are changing our last name to Lawson," Eric said.

"My name has been changed to Lawson," Karly said.

"What about your marriage to Kevin?" Kyle asked.

"We decided to end it, our relationship had ran its course, we are just friends, I hired him to be the staff photographer at the agency," Karly said.

"And partner so you have help running the agency," Austin said.

"That too, he did learn a little business when we studied together in college," Karly said. Her phone beeped and she saw a message from Kevin.

"Sis?" Kyle asked.

"It's from Kevin, marriage is dissolved and he has an interview set up tomorrow for an assistant at the agency, I might go just for that," Karly said.

"I'll take you," Kyle said.

"Thanks bro," Karly said.

The next day, Kyle helped Karly into the building and went up to the office and heard arguing in the office. They went in and saw a guy arguing with Kevin while the girl sat there with her face covered.

"What is going on here?!" Karly said. They looked and saw her and Kyle.

"Hey Karly, meet Hayley Stone and this is her brother, Luke, he was arguing with me because I wasn't the owner of the agency," Kevin said.

"Well, stop the arguing, I'm Karly Lawson, I'm the owner of the agency," Karly said.

"I thought this was the Davis Modeling Agency?" Hayley asked.

"It is, my last name used to be Davis but I changed it to Lawson due to me finding my real father," Karly said.

"It's a long story, I'm Kyle, her twin brother," Kyle said.

"I'm so sorry, I'm just protective of my sister," Luke said.

"Karly and I just met a few days ago and I'm already protective," Kyle said.

"Wait, you two were split up?" Luke asked.

"Yep, like he said, long story," Karly said.

"I would like to hear about it sometime, maybe dinner?" Luke asked.

"Luke?" Hayley asked.

"What sis?" Luke asked.

"You are asking out my could be boss?" Hayley asked.

"Oh no he's asking out your boss, you're hired, and Luke, give me a couple weeks, I just got out of the hospital, another long story," Karly said.

"Okay I can wait," Luke said.

"Two weeks from today, if that's okay?" Karly asked.

"Yes that will work, seven pm?" Luke asked.

"Okay I'll give Hayley my address to give to you because I'm staying with my dad while I recover," Karly said.

"Okay that will work," Luke said.

"When can I start?" Hayley asked.

"When can you?" Karly asked.

"I can right now," Hayley said.

"Okay, Kevin will show you around and show you to your desk and there should be a list there of stuff to be done," Karly said.

"Thank you so much!" Hayley said. Karly sat down on the couch while Kevin showed Hayley around the agency.

"You okay?" Luke asked.

"Just tired that's all," Karly said.

"Karly, I have to ask, what happened to you," Luke said.

"I was beaten by my ex and was in a coma for three weeks, was released yesterday," Karly said.

"Oh god," Luke said.

"What?" Karly asked.

"Uh you won't believe this," Luke said.

"What?" Karly asked.

"Karly, I'm the soon to be King of the Stone Family Mafia," Luke said.