Chapter Twenty One

Karly finished up the paperwork as Luke came in. He smiled and came over and kissed her softly.

"Ready to head home?" Luke asked.

"Yep," Karly said. He helped her up and she got her purse and keys and since she was the last one to leave, she locked up the building and they headed home.

"Did you get your paperwork done?" Karly asked.

"Yes I did and I did something else," Luke said.

"What else did you do?" Karly asked.

"I did a more thorough check on your new stepdad," Luke said.

"Oh?" Karly asked.

"Turns out he wasn't an accountant for long," Luke said.

"Really?" Karly asked.

"He used to be a professor at Columbia University," Luke said.

"He was?" Karly asked.

"He had to step down but there was no reason given," Luke said.

"Hmm, who knows, maybe he broke a rule or something," Karly said.

"I have a meeting with the dean in the morning," Luke said.

"What would the dean tell you, you are not family yet," Karly said.

"The dean is an old buddy of mine," Luke said.

"Oh okay," Karly said.

"Baby what's going on?" Luke asked.

"Nothing, just overwhelmed with everything that's happened, my mother coming back, meeting my twin brother, my mom getting married after dating the guy for two weeks, just catching up to me," Karly said.

"Are you sure, baby, you can talk to me about anything," Luke said.

"I know, I'm okay, I just need to relax and just need to be in your arms," Karly said.

"We are almost home," Luke said. They got home and went in and locked up and sat on the couch and he wrapped his arms around her. She snuggled in his arms and rested her head on his chest.

"I love you so much, Luke, you are everything to me," Karly said.

"I love you too baby, you are my everything," Luke said. They went and had dinner and went upstairs and took a shower together and they got into bed where they made love off and on throughout the night. The next day, he dropped her off at the agency. She went to her office and sat down and started doing some paperwork and setting up photoshoots. Kevin came in and closed the door and locked it and sat down.

"Hey beautiful," Kevin said.

"Hey, Luke's meeting with the dean at Columbia," Karly said.

"What?" Kevin asked.

"The dean is an old buddy of his," Karly said.

"Oh no," Kevin said.

"I know," Karly said.

"I met with Robert, he told me he's over you and in love with your mom, he swore what happened with you two is in the past like you said it was for you," Kevin said.

"It is, Luke is everything to me, if I lost him, I don't know what I would do," Karly said.

"I'm here for you, beautiful, always," Kevin said.

"I hope so, if he finds out, he could leave me," Karly said.

"KARLY!" Luke yelled.

"Oh god no," Karly said. Luke banged on the door to the office. Karly looked at Kevin.

"I have to get out of here, I can't face him!" Karly said. Kevin nodded and she snuck out the other door and ran down the stairs and ran out of the building and ran to Eric's office building and ran into his office and closed the door.

"Sis?" Eric asked.

"I need you," Karly said.

"I'm here, sis, what's wrong?" Eric asked.

"Please don't hate me!" Karly said.

"I won't sis, I promise," Eric said. She told him everything and he hugged her.

"Please don't hate me!" Karly said.

"I don't sis, I'm here for you, I have your back, always, I love you," Eric said.

"Eric!" Hayley said. Hayley was knocking on the door. Karly looked at Eric. She hid from view as Eric went out the door and closed it behind him.

"Sorry, was in a meeting," Eric said.

"I'm sorry honey, we are trying to find your sister," Hayley said.

"I haven't seen her or heard from her," Eric said.

"I better let you get back to your meeting, call me or Luke if you hear from her," Hayley said.

"Okay honey," Eric said. He kissed her and went back inside. He locked the door and hugged her.

"Sis?" Eric asked.

"I don't know what to do," Karly said.

"Hayley said that Luke is looking for you, she didn't say why," Eric said.

"Can you find out?" Karly asked. He called Luke and talked to him and asked him what was going on. He hung up and looked at her.

"He knows, sis, the dean told him everything about why Robert was no longer professor, that the previous dean found out about you two but you had broken up by then but it was too late and Robert had to resign, they kept things confidential if he was willing to step down," Eric said.

"Oh god," Karly said.

"Sis, he's not happy that you kept this from him, that you didn't tell him, that he had to hear about it from the dean, that you couldn't be honest with him," Eric said.

"It's over, isn't it," Karly said.

"I'm sorry, sis, he was coming to end things," Eric said.

"Oh god!" Karly said. She broke down crying in his arms. He held her close as she sobbed.