Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Stella immediately slammed the door on him and locked it back up, standing against it in shock as her breathing picked up. Her chest heaved up and down while she stared into the peephole on her tip-toes, looking at the man.

"What the fuck?" She whispered to herself, completely stunned by what she had just seen.

"Stella, open up, please." The familiar British accent spoke, his voice coming out gentle.

"I'm sorry but I think you have the wrong place. There's no one named Stella who lives here!" She shouted as she started to pace across her loft, walking up to her window and staring outside of it, watching as people walked by.

"Mhm," Harry cleared his throat. "Brooke is here though." He pointed out.

"No, she's not." Stella quickly responded, pinching herself in the process.

"Can you let me in so we can talk? I'd prefer not to yell through a door." He told her, his voice starting to drip in annoyance.

She walked back over to the front door just to walk back towards the window, waiting a few seconds before heading back to the door. She hesitantly opened it but only left a small space opened, poking out some of her head to see Harry.

"Hello, love." He shortly grinned.

"How are you here? You were just in California." She whispered, surprised she was able to get anything out.

"Can I come in?" He repeated his question from earlier, ignoring her question.

"I don't know if that's a go-" She started to deny him entry but he cut her off.

"Please," He pleaded, searching her eyes that she quickly adverted to the ground, trying her best not to stare into his eyes and give in. However, she looked back up and fell for his trap, slowly opening up the door for him to come in. "Thank you." He told her, making her nod her head as she walked away from him and to her kitchen.

"Do you want a drink?" She asked, not knowing what else to say.

"I'll take a cup of coffee." He said which made her nod and brew him a cup. "Could you add some butter and co-" He began to ask her but stopped once she turned around, revealing some butter and coconut oil in her hands.

"I remember." She shortly said, an awkward silence filling up the space in between them.

She handed him his coffee and watched as he drank it, paying attention to his nails in which were painted with a bunch of different designs on them such as a kiwi and watermelon as well as some other things.

"Actually, can I finally take you up on that offer of Jack?" He asked her, referring to the first night they had moved in together and she offered him some of the liquor.

"Luckily for you, I happen to have an unopened bottle." She mumbled, grabbing two glasses and pouring two drinks.

One glass contained more than the other and that was the one she claimed, sliding Harry the other across the counter, Harry grabbing it in the process. He picked it up and downed it, grimacing afterward from the taste.

Stella looked out towards her window as she drank hers, the two sitting in silence for a few minutes before Stella spoke.

"So, how have you been?" She broke the silence, looking at him once she finished her drink and adding more to her glass.

He scoffed at her question, shakily taking a breath in to try and remain calm before responding to her.

"Seriously, Stella," He asked in disbelief. "You left and that's all you have to say?" He found himself getting upset.