Chapter 5

Chapter 5
December 15th, 2019.

"Harry, where the hell are you?" Jeff called him, wondering he had gone off to.

"I'm in the city." Harry told him, stirring around in Stella's bed.

He had stayed up practically all night waiting for her to come back even though he knew that she probably wouldn't.

"Why? We weren't supposed to leave today." Jeff was now confused as to why he had left on his own and early.

"I had some unfinished business to attend to." Harry vaguely responded.

"Don't forget that you have a pop-up concert tomorrow. Did you check into the hotel yet?" Jeff continued to ask questions.

"I stayed at a friend's place. I'm heading out soon though." Harry admitted, sighing in the process. He didn't want to leave until he got the chance to finish talking to Stella but he knew her enough to know that she wasn't going to come back and talk with him.

"Okay. Also, who is this Brooke Lighterdale that I've been hearing so much about and how do you know her?" Jeff brought her up.

"An old friend." Harry shortly said.

"Seems like more than that. I watched the interview of you being asked about her and you looked hurt at the sight of her. I also watched an interview of her talking about you and it seems like there is more there than either of you are letting on." Jeff told him, knowing full well that Harry was leaving out information.

"We had a thing going on at one point. It doesn't matter though." Harry tried to brush it off, not wanting to continue talking about the topic.

"Did I ever meet her? She looks really familiar." Jeff couldn't avoid the off feeling he got whenever he looked at her.

"I don't think so." Harry lied.

"Hm, okay. Well, everyone will be at the hotel in a few hours. See you then." Jeff bidded him goodbye.

"Alright, bye." Harry said before hanging up, stuffing his face into Stella's pillow and groaning loudly.

"Alexa, play some music." Harry spoke aloud, knowing that Stella had one because that's what she had used to turn on music to block out the sound of her leaving yesterday.

"Okay. Here's a collage of some of your favorites." The robotic machine replied back.

A soft piano came on and played chords that Harry had instantly recognized. They were ones that he had been listening to on repeat for the past few months.

"Turn down the lights, turn down the bed. Turn down these voices inside my head. Lay down with me, tell me no lies. Just hold me close, don't patronize. Don't patronize me." The familiar voice sang.

How often did she listen to this song? Did she listen to it whenever she thought of him as he did for her? Did this actually mean something or was it just a song that she enjoyed?

As Harry got up and went to make himself some breakfast in hope that Stella would be home soon, she was finishing up yet another interview.

"So the album goes out next month, right?" The female interviewer asked her.

"Correct. Starting off the new year right." Stella laughed at her lame joke.

"Definitely will be! I heard a teaser of a new song on Instagram the other day," She played a video, showing Stella singing the first verse and chorus. "That one's called 'Lonely.' What inspired it?" Jennifer, the interviewer, spoke back up once the video ended.